Differet way to fog your engine (?)

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class
I talked to a guy today who has an interesting way of fogging his motor. He has a portable gas tank with about a gallon of stablized gas in it. He adds about a 1/4 can of fogger oil to it, hooks the tank up to his gas line to his motor and runs the motor for about five minutes so it's smoking real good. Then, he shuts it down, removes the sparks plugs, fogs inside and replaces the plugs. That's it for fogging.

It's pretty simple and seems like it would work pretty well. Any thoughts for or against this method?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Differet way to fog your engine (?)

ever seen what fogging oil does in a carb fuel bowl when the gas evaporates?
I make a lot of money every spring on it :).
its the correct procedure for some EFI motors but not for carbed motors.

Laddies

Banned

We have used the same system for about 30 years but without stabile as we run all engines dry and use 1 qt of oil to 4 qts of gas the engine is started ran until warm, then the fogging tank is hooked up an ran till the mixture gets the engine smoking real good the tank is unhooked and the engine is loaded up with the choke and ran dry. We have never had a problem with oil in the bottom carb as seems to be one of the stabile peoples tales and never cleaned a carb from varnish or rusted bearings or bores we came to this system by experimenting with our rental engines that we were tearing done in late winter or spring to freshen up for the next season. After we were happy with the results and settled on the type of oil to use we used it on all our outboard winterizing even the 4 cycles and will continue to use this system intill we have a problem.

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

I run a '95 Merc 150XRi, which is an EFI, so would this fogging method be okay for my motor?

HONKER1

Petty Officer 1st Class

I make a lot of money every spring on it :).

Now I am confused. Do we fog our motor for winter, or do we not fog for winter?

bgbass.1

Chief Petty Officer

you do fog your motor the above is a other way to do it

kungpaoshizi

Petty Officer 1st Class

I know this is an old thread, but:
I make a lot of money every spring on it .

It's my first boat/engine and I'm not a super car guy so I need to learn the best method before winter, what is everyones suggestion for winterizing a motor like mine? (77 mercury 1150)