Moderators will edit or delete any posts in violation of the following, and may warn, issue infractions, suspend or permanently ban any member for serious or repeated violations.
1. This is a family site. The use of foul or insulting language or the posting of any material not judged suitable by the Moderator Team is forbidden. Disagreements on any topic must be conducted in a polite manner using courteous language.
2. Political, religious or socially controversial topics are not allowed.
3. Do not post copyrighted material or request that anyone else violate copyright law.
4. Attacks (bashing) on any person, organization, company or other entity will not be permitted. Reporting experiences with any vendor, website or organization must be limited to facts. Unqualified attacks will be considered bashing.
6. You may not post in the forum to promote any personal enterprise, advertise a business or product, or to solicit responses for contests, polls, or similar. This includes directing members to social networking sites.
The First post of a thread MAY NOT be used to advertise or promote a product, company, internet site, sale, individual, or service. If you wish to promote a product or internet site, please contact iboats for rates/permission. Please remember that iboats is a retail vendor of marine products and do not post anything that would be detrimental to iboats' interests.
7. Username, avatar or signature shall not contain business names, website links or personal info. Links to boating related educational material may be allowed. Do not post your personal contact information such as email address, home address, home phone numbers, etc. on the forums. If you must share that information with someone, use Private Messages.
8. You may not solicit any personal transaction (buy, sell, free, donate, etc.) in the forum. This includes solicitations for charitable and non-profit causes. Personal transactions arranged completely by Private Message are not affected by this rule. Solicitation by PM must be preceded by contact in the forum. Please note: threads or posts that give extensive details on anything that is for sale will be assumed to be an attempt to advertise and are subject to deletion.
9. If you have questions, concerns, suggestions or complaints about the rules, moderation, or management of this site please contact a moderator via PM or iboats management for discussion. It is forbidden to debate these rules or their enforcement in the forum.
If you have problems, questions, feedback or suggestions about the forums or the iboats website, please post your comments HERE.
10. If you are suspended and reregister with a second screen name you will be permanently banned.
11. Please do not post multiple threads in multiple forums about a single problem. This is confusing to those trying to help you. Multiple threads in the same forum about the same issue are also confusing. If you want help fast, one thread in the most closely related forum is the best way to get it.
12. Please do not post to threads that have been inactive for more than 3 months UN-LESS you are the original poster. We have very active forums and any thread that remains inactive for that long should be considered "dead". It is especially confusing when there is an entirely new question posted to an old thread. This is considered a hijack. Please start a new thread of your own.
Rules 7, 8 and 9 allow certain topics in Private Messages that are not allowed in the forum. All other rules apply to Private Messages as well as forum posts.
Last edited by Don S; January 10th, 2013 at 02:57 PM.
Reason: Removed red from Feb updates