Different View

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Different View

Very enlightening article. I wasn't around back then, but I've seen a lot of press that seemed a lot more positive during WW-II. Rosie the Riveter kinda stuff. I think the negativity probably started with the Korean war, but really went negative on Viet Nam. Not that there must've been much good to report in either.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Too long. I gotta crash-n-burn for the night pretty soon, so I read the first two chapts, and bookmarked it. But I also heard Laura Ingram read this in-full over the air, and then, disguss the editorial, so thank you for the link. From what I gleaned so far, Mr Ryan pretty-much pegged it. And it gave me a lot of reasurance that the constant liberal assualts on America's course will fail to achieve thier objectives ,while America achieves it's objectives.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

local talk host Mark Belling had this on tonight as a topic. I listened in on the way home from work. From what Belling presented, is so true that the lib media wants to discredit Bush as well as the long term result of what Bush AND the USA has accomplished in Iraq. A caller pointed to how the WW2 media merely reported the facts, in a positive light. Said caller, a mil. history buff, pointed to how the media is slighting accomplishments in Iraq as well as the media did in 'Nam to persuade the public to oppose the US military initiatives. This caller also pointed to the fact that the media could really give a hoot what the outcome of Iraq is, the media is desperately trying to validate itself in regards that they can influence the outcome of any and all public opinion. Thus, the media are predominantly all Dan Blathers making a last stand effort to sway public opinion.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

So does Mark Belling (does he still have a job?). So does Rush Limbaugh. I mean the part about swaying public opinion. I recall somebody mentioning Liberal Brainwashing a few weeks or months ago. 3 hours of Rush 5 days a week with his flagrantly one-sided dronings is brainwashing in my book.

D

DJ

Hey Willy,<br /><br />You discounting this soldiers view? Don't change the subject. (a liberal tactic)

Twidget

Commander

The big difference between Limbaugh and the 'news' media is that he makes no bones about his affiliation. He tells you up front that he is out to sway your opinion, he doenst pretend to be reporting 'just the facts'.<br /><br />Oh, for the record, Im not a ditto head.

Triton II

Commander

A fascinating and very well put together story. As an ex-member of the military I've seen first hand the distortions published in the name of "reporting". The saying, "the pen is mightier than the sword" is all too true in Iraq and I'm especially pleased to see a Lieutenant Colonel airing his viewpoint in such a positive way. No doubt the sensationalists will try to put down his piece as a distortion from his point of view, however, when you read something as well defined and positive as this piece, it brings back the reality of the situation - this war is winnable. Well said Sir!