Different Glassmaster boat

mcconnell63

Seaman
Hi, After seeing all the glassmaster tri hulls on this forum I haven't seen one that looks like mine. I have a 1971 17' GMTH with a step through windshield. You step up and through a narrow opening in the windshield and onto a recessed platform/deck. The deck is about 8 or 9" below the gunnal. The windshield is made of plexiglass and is rounded at the corners/bent and continues down the sides of the gunnal like other boats. All the other tri hulls I've seen here have walk through windshieds and seats in the front. Do I have a strange boat or a one of a kind worth BILLIONS $$$$ LOL. or did glassmaster forget to finish the bow of this boat. LOL Thanks for the info. The Family Circus <><:rolleyes:

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral
Re: Different Glassmaster boat

Nope. I have the same boat. I looked at yours by saving the jpeg and blowing it up in a photo editor. The photo becomes pretty fuzzy by the time it is enlarged enough to see much but I believe your windshield is a replacement. I've never seen one that is black (maybe painted?) but, more than that, the dimensions/shape look slightly different than a stock Glassmaster unit. If you measure you boat from transom to the point of the bow, you will probably find that it is 17.5 feet.

BTW, there is also a 15 version of this boat. I had one but eventually got rid of it because the transom was too rotted out for safety and I didn't want to invest the money that it would have taken to properly fix it.

Estark1

Cadet

OK - I'll throw my 2 cents in too. I think you have a 1971 Glassmaster
Playmate 16ft. with the bow seats removed. Or possibly a Charger 14ft.

Post more photos so we can get a better look. Check these links below
maybe they will give you some clues.

Thanks,
Estark1

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb234/Estark2/Glassmaster_1977-20th-Anniversar-2.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb234/Estark2/Glassmaster_1977-20th-Anniversar-1.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb234/Estark2/Glassmaster_1977-20th-Anniversar-7.jpg

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

Those are not what he has, the deck in the bow of his boat is too high. He also has the scuppers along the side of the bow to drain the foredeck. The starboard side scupper in his photo is hard to see but, if you blow the pic up, you will see a black area that appears to be one of them.

mcconnell63

Seaman

Hi, There is no room for seats in the bow it's just a flat deck and I think your right about the windsheild. I'll measure the boat tomorrow and get back to you with more pictures. And there is a drain on the starboard side of the front deck. I would like to find a GM with a walk through windshield and seats in the the front. Thanks, Al

mcconnell63

Seaman

If you guys look at the pictures of JAYDOTY's Boat his front deck is simular to mine. Only I don't have the design on the side of the boat near the transum. I have to get more pics and measurments. Al

Willis65

Recruit

That's exactly like my boat. On the data plate mine says Model 700DX. I originally was told that I had a Daytona, based on the Hull ID. Unfortunately I think the Daytona was a V-Hull. Mine is 17.5' long and is rated for up to a 130hp o/b. I recently found some pictures of a Tarpon and this one had a bow with the slightly recessed deck. Maybe it's a Tarpon?

mcconnell63

Seaman

My boat is 17' L x 6 1/2' W, it's rated for a max of 130 hp o/b, the only info I found on the boat was the capacity plate and a plate with the ID num. 87229A. I have more pics but I don't know how to put them on. NEED HELP !!!!!!!!!! Willis where did you find the plate with the model number on it. Pleas get back to me guys. Thanks, Al

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

I thought the 17.5' tri-hulls were called Daytonas too. I did see a pic during a Google search of "Glassmaster Daytona" that showed a convention V-Hull but the info may be wrong. From what I have seen, the names (Daytona, Tarpon, etc.) were assigned according to length and the 17.5 foot model was the Daytona.

PS: Was just looking at the sales brochure for 1977 in another thread here - the '77 Daytona is a conventional V-Hull and there is no 17.5 foot tri-hull offered that year. I am wondering if the Daytona was a tri-hull prior to that time.

rickinaz

Recruit

I have a 71 glassmaster tri hull ski and fish with a 60 hp johnson