Different Amounts/Temps of Flush Water Coming Out

anon1

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 5, 2007
Messages
71
Hello,

I've noticed when flushing the engine after use that the starboard exhaust outlet has about 1/2 the amount of water running out and it is considerably hotter than the other side.

Mercruiser 350Mag w/ Alpha1, dual flush muff, engine runs very good and pretty cool at 160 degrees all day long with no problems.

Does anyone have info on why one side would be less&hotter than the other and should I be concerned?

Thank you.
 

Bondo

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 17, 2002
Messages
71,535
Re: Different Amounts/Temps of Flush Water Coming Out

Ayuh,....

Generally speaking,... All V-motors run more water to 1 side or the other,.....
That said,....

I take it your running in Saltwater,..??...
When the Risers start to Fail,...
They'll get plugged up in the outlets,+ slow the flow of water thru them.....
How old are Your's,..??
 

anon1

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 5, 2007
Messages
71
Re: Different Amounts/Temps of Flush Water Coming Out

Yes, saltwater now.

I'm not sure of their age. The boat is 20yrs old and I 'believe' the original engine. It spent the first 19yrs & 154hrs in fresh water. This boat is new to me and only second time in the saltwater.

Thanks for the info.

I guess it would need to be taken apart to check for a riser obstruction?
 

Bondo

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 17, 2002
Messages
71,535
Re: Different Amounts/Temps of Flush Water Coming Out

I guess it would need to be taken apart to check for a riser obstruction?

Ayuh,.....

Pull the Risers off the Manifolds,+ Look.....
 
Top