Did you get your Christmas wishes?

D

DJ

Well, I didn't get world peace-yet.<br /><br />But I did get the shop vac I was looking for. A Ridgid, 6.0 HP, 14 gallon unit. This thing will suck the chrome off a '58' Buick. :D Not to mention a bonus, a 7K# floor jack. Arrrgh, Arrrgh, Arrrgh!! Anybody need a lift? ;) <br /><br />Most of all, A WONDERFUL day with my lovely wife and sons. It was grand.

ob

Admiral
Re: Did you get your Christmas wishes?

Man I did.Had my son and his wife over and my wife and daughter to share the day with.I sure enjoyed the look on my son and his wifes face when they opened the video camera we got for em.I don't think they put it down the whole time they were here.The wife scored a bullseye on that one.Enjoy your toys(tools) DJ.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Wishes... Nope.. The "status quo" remains in effect.. :D <br /><br />Spent a quiet day with my folks... Ate plenty (Mom ain't lost her touch)... Twas a good day... :) <br /><br />Scored:<br />One Ryobi bench grinder... :D <br />The latest Stray Cats 2 CD set... Rumble in Brixton.. (butt kickin') :D <br />Two pair of blue jeans and a jacket, that replace the jeans and jacket that, as far as I can figure, somehow found their way into the Goodwill box earlier this year.. :eek: A "Good" wooopsy.. :) <br />And a few $$$ from relatives.. :D

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

oh yeah!! good to have the kids and their boy/girfriends over! Great time, will sleep tonight!<br /><br />Smoked a 'Boomyal...you turkey' turkey. thanks link! gave half to the neighbor's too, (their remodeling their kitchen). Good stuff. Couldn't find any cherrywood so I used mesquite. I stuck a thermometer into it, 185, when I pulled it out I bet 2 cups of water came out of the thigh! thanks again guys!!!!sl

Link

Rear Admiral

steve n carol<br />Your most welcome.<br /><br />By request I smoked the 'Boomyal...you turkey' turkey again.<br />Noticed it didn't get touched except by me. On Thanksgiving there wasn't a piece left from a 13 lb bird.<br />Well I was a little concerned but tried not to look so.<br />Later when the real munching takes place I noticed that it wasn't even on the table. :confused: <br />So I looked in the fridge.. there I see it all divided up evenly in 1 lb zip locks.<br /><br />Seems in the days after Thanksgiving they all wished they had brought some home. And just to have a little fun at my expense they agreed to just divide it and take home. Save the best for last! :D <br /><br />That was my second best Christmas present and a credit to Boomyals "Ultimate Brine"

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

There's allways next year :rolleyes:

crab bait

Captain

it's difficult to meet my high exspectations.. but somehow it happend..<br /><br />i dreamed of AND GOT a whole bag of SOFT coal..!! ( that ole hard stuff ain't good for nuthin')<br /><br />i love xmas..!!

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Santa has been to busy!!! :D <br /><br />Santa is arrining this afternoon!!!! ;) :cool: <br /><br />Happy New YEAR!!!!! :cool: :cool:

bubbakat

Captain

I got everything I needed and then some. It has been truly a blessed year for me and my wife.

KaGee

Admiral

A new high back chair for my office! Ya buddie! :)

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Got me one of those wireless outdoor temperature thingys,so I don't have to get up and look out the winder and a Etrex GPS,so if I do go out I wont get lost.Nobody was sick,everybody was happy,couldn't have ask for a better Christmas. :)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by steve n carol:<br /> oh yeah!! good to have the kids and their boy/girfriends over! Great time, will sleep tonight!<br /><br />Smoked a 'Boomyal...you turkey' turkey. thanks link! gave half to the neighbor's too, (their remodeling their kitchen). Good stuff. Couldn't find any cherrywood so I used mesquite. I stuck a thermometer into it, 185, when I pulled it out I bet 2 cups of water came out of the thigh! thanks again guys!!!!sl
Umm Ummm Umm, can't wait till next Thanksgiving/Christmas. Glad you enjoyed it. I just finished with Thanksgivings brined BBQ'd turkey salad sandwiches.<br /><br />S & C, where are you in So Cal? I spent my first 42 years in the San Fernando Valley. It was paradise until the late 70's. Even had the Beach Boys at a High School concert in the mid 60's.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

First of all my husband and I were with my family and enjoyed it so much and everyone was so friendly and full of niceness toward each other, that was my biggest wish. Secondly, I got all I asked for plus more. Thirdly, we were in sunny southern California and they had those wonderful Santa Ana days for us: blue skies,warm sunshine and no smog! Absolutely beautiful! A truely blessed day.<br />Bassy

Link

Rear Admiral

Oh yes the original post. Sorry DJ got distracted the first time.<br />We did Thanksgiving & Christmas with Mrs.Links family this year. <br />Christmas day and evening.<br />Was fun being with her family. Great food and conversation. After dinner and gift exchange is what I enjoy the most. Sitting around doing serious munching and playing board games like parcheesi or card games like UNO and just chatting the evening away. Very relaxed.<br />Gifts 12 like the 12 days of Christmas. ;) <br />10 tangible. Two not as I mentioned one in my reply to S&C in this thread.<br />One is a really get butt RC Stuntsters by TYCO called a "Air Rebound" <br />Dont know if the kittens hate it or love it!<br />They Love chasing and attacking it. <br />But when it chases them they Hate it! <br />When not in motion they attack and pack it off. Got you type attitude! LOL<br />The Mouse that "WONT DIE" LOL