Did research re slow trim tilt but…

kenny nunez

Captain
ARCO marine # TR 217 should be the commutator head with the brushes snd springs. I hope you still have the small ball bearing that sits in the end of the armature to keep it engaged in the pump. To hold the brushes in place cut a 6” length of coat hanger wire then bend it into a “V” using it to hold the brushes in their holders while lowering the cover over the armature then pull the wire out.

MaxGlide

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It was 100% the brushes. There was gunk in the little tracks and they could not slide freely. Good cleaning and it’s working great! I ended up using two mini zip ties to hold brushes in place, then snipped them out once I got it over the armature. I think your way would have been easier to get out!

Attachments

• 72203A71-DFA1-42C7-8275-3AECC98BD29B.jpeg
    72203A71-DFA1-42C7-8275-3AECC98BD29B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1331.MOV
    7.8 MB · Views: 0

MaxGlide

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It was 100% the brushes. There was gunk in the little tracks and they could not slide freely. Good cleaning and it’s working great!
ARCO marine # TR 217 should be the commutator head with the brushes snd springs. I hope you still have the small ball bearing that sits in the end of the armature to keep it engaged in the pump. To hold the brushes in place cut a 6” length of coat hanger wire then bend it into a “V” using it to hold the brushes in their holders while lowering the cover over the armature then pull the wire out.
yes, I saw a video that said watch for that. If anyone ever loses it, just get a bicycle ball bearing.

johnkom

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well done!! I love repairing things rather than replacing. That's my pump too. I think I have a winter project. Thanks for sharing the end result.

JK

MaxGlide

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well done!! I love repairing things rather than replacing. That's my pump too. I think I have a winter project. Thanks for sharing the end result.

JK
Thanks! I have yet to refill and purge all old goop. I found some literature on the sequence on how to clear lines and trim rams. Will see how that goes.