Diagnostic software

flabum

Chief Petty Officer
Ok, I now have the cash to replace my little Rinda scan tool. I have looked at the CDI software and the Rinda software. So far Rinda takes the cake. I do not work for a dealership, but I do work on a lot of different stuff. I am looking for a PC based software that can handle as much as possible in sterndrives and outboards. Are there any other companies that would suit my needs? I plan on loading a laptop with as much diagnostic software as I can find. Idealy, if there are any aftermarket companies I can get everything from out boards to big diesel, that would be great (and also a tall order to fill)

So, anybody else other than Rinda and CDI?

newport dave

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Diagnostic software

I think Diacom is the best product, and when you consider the broad range of applications, it's a really good value. I saw a demo of the new CDI diagnostic software. I wasn't real impressed, but I believe it will work on Verado outboards which Diacom will not, but I don't do outboards.

Just a personal note, don't try to be an expert in everything (inboards, outboards, diesels). Pick one engine type and stick with it.

flabum

Chief Petty Officer

like I said earlier, I do not work for a dealership. I work at a yard that does everything. I work on everything from a 3 hp outboard up to a 1200hp Mann. Gas, diesel, electrical, plumbing and occasional structural work is what I do. Ben doing it 25 years and have over $250,000 in tools. So, I don't have the pleasure of doing just one thing.

It's time to upgrade my diagnostic tools and the customers get that nice warm feeling when they see a print-out of their engine codes.

bigbrownbuku

Master Chief Petty Officer

I think Diacom is the best product, and when you consider the broad range of applications, it's a really good value. I saw a demo of the new CDI diagnostic software. I wasn't real impressed, but I believe it will work on Verado outboards which Diacom will not, but I don't do outboards.

Just a personal note, don't try to be an expert in everything (inboards, outboards, diesels). Pick one engine type and stick with it.

but life is so much more interesting with 3 kinds of problems?