Depth gauge-Vexliar Sonar phone vs Garmin Striker Plus 4 vs in dash mount gauge

Ristin

Seaman
I want to install a depth gauge in my 18' Seaswirl Sierra. At first I was looking at Hummingbird & Faria dash mount depth gauges with temp sensors. They seemed expensive. Then I discovered the Garmin Striker 3 & 4 which provide much more information and are cheaper. However I don't fish and the Garmin will take up a lot of space in my small console area. Then I discovered the Sonar phone that interfaces with Navionics which I use. I nearly bought one but then realized it connects via wi-fi to my phone. I have a wi-fi OBD2 scanner in my Expedition and when the scanner is connected to the phone, I lose internet connectivity. There is a way to modify the settings to make the phone use cell data for internet while remaining connected to the OBD scanner but it creates a 1-2 second lag between the scanner & phone causing the displayed data like RPM & speed to lag. I don't know if the Sonar phone would experience the same issues or not.

I'm sure there are pros & cons I have overlooked for each unit and I would appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks!

Ristin

Seaman
Following up on this post. I ended up installing this and it fits/works nicely. A bit of over kill for my needs :)
IMG_0954.jpg
IMG_0955.jpg
IMG_0956.jpg