Depth Adjustment

LaqueRatt

Chief Petty Officer
Recently bought a boat with a Prowler T55/40 (I think) trolling motor. From what I'm seeing online it's not the greatest motor, but it seems to be in working condition. On my Mirro Craft, with the prop just a little below the bottom of the boat, the handle is way up in the air and awkward. Think it has a 40" shaft. Can I drop it down to where it's comfortable or would it not work well like that? Maybe risking damaging it?

No experience with trollers, any tips appreciated.

MRS

Commander
Drop it down and test it out just don’t run the boat with trolling motor down. You can run boat with motor down but just at a ideal speed. I have a pontoon with trolling motor about a foot below pontoon’s.

LaqueRatt

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks for the reply. Sure wish this thing wasn't so tall. It's like it was built for a much bigger boat. Currently mulling over the idea of shortening the shaft. Be more useful if it was about a foot shorter.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Just lower thectrolker untill it is comfy, if you move into really shallow water you might have to raise it up again. Prop should be at least 6" below the top of the water