Democratic Party likened to Brown Shirted party of another era

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I was listening to a radio show tonight on my way home from my sons high school football game. A caller on the show likened the tactics of the Democratic party to those of another political party that existed before I was born. They shot up their competitions offices, beat up those who didn't agree with them and used every other vile tactic they could think of to squelch the competition. I just heard that two Democrat men pushed a pie into the face of a Republican woman. Where I come from it wouldn't matter what political party they were affiliated with they'd get their butts kicked. I'm sorry to say it, but I agree, the Democratic party is the one that never listens to the other side, and has resorted to violence, gross displays of nudity and every other thing they could think of to regain power. I know not all Democrats are like that, but it's like the thing with Moslems not denouncing terrorists. If the leaders of the Democratic party won't denounce these tactics, then they are part of them, and comparing them to that party from long ago is indeed justified.

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: Democratic Party likened to Brown Shirted party of another era

For every thug that does this on the democratic side,there is a thug on the republican side who does the same things.That sort of violence is not connected to party affiliation but to stupidity and hate mongering.The caller that you listened to, might be a big liar for all you know.<br />To compare either the democratic or republican party to the German Nazi Brown Shirts is a hate crime within itself. These brown shirts were the organized thugs of the party that started worldwar 2.In this war almost 90 million people lost their lives.7 million of those perished in concentration camps.<br />Please do not insult this board and its readers with such cheap dirt!

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Rolmops, are you saying that the incredably left wing media is not reporting the republican "thugs" as often as they do the left wing "thugs"......come on you wont find anywere near as many reports of republicans doing this so I am assuming what we hear is really only the tip of the iceburg when it comes to what makes the news with the Dems. Please correct me if Im wrong. I would bet you there is 5 to 1 illegel and imoral things being done on the left then the right. As for comparisons lets start here.....theft, assaults, violence and even shooting at republican headquarters.hmmmmmm.....pretty intense if you ask me........I wonder where it could lead to.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Mike what I am saying is that nothing happening in this election comes anywhere near deserving the comparison made.I lost my grandparents to the brownshirts and their masters.To drag a man behind a pickup truck and kill him that way would be a brownshirt act.In our country such people go to jail.<br />Illegal is a matter of law, immoral is a matter of opinion.<br />These days,most of the media are neither left nor right wing.They are whatever direction their advertizers dictate.Shocking news sells."If it bleeds,it leads" is the media rule of fist.News is a commodity sold on the open market,so obviously they will blow up whatever sells.That is why Howard Stern has the most popular radio show in the country,with "Doctor Democracy" Rush Limbaugh a close second.Both are outrageous and therefore sell.<br />If political violence was common place it would never reach the news.It would be boring.Any drunk can claim to belong to a political group while misbehaving.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Im not saying that the left are like the Nazi's but I am saying that some of the stuff thats going on is getting crazy. With a bit of imagination I can see where a great country like ours could get into another civil war. All Im saying is the left has a bunch of "drunks" as u put it, that are doing things that are by far more nasty,violent,mean and immoral..... and yea having young coeds offer sexu@l favors for votes is immoral.....prolly worked but immoral. Do I believe the right has wackos too...yes but it seems not as wacko and not as willing to what ever it takes.

woodrat

Ensign

I have heard of voter registration tampering that seems to favor the repubs, and I have heard of at least one newspaper that endorsed kerry being threatened with violence, but i was told by a poster to this forum that since the newspaper had endorsed kerry, they were ultra liberal and therefore not to be trusted. ie, they must have made it up. Of course! No white hatted republican would ever stoop to such lows! They are the party of morality after all...well, except that enron bit...<br /><br />I sure hope whichever clown wins this thing wins it by a large margin or there wil be another round of nastiness and partisan warfare that will make 2000 look like a picnic lunch. Believe me, both sides are capable of anything.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

2000.. a picnic.. Yup! And Florida's gonna blow it again... :( It's already happening...

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Rolmops, I'm sorry about your grandparents. I think this election season has gone too far in a lot of ways, but it is the Democrats who have resorted to violence, gross displays, anger and assault. If Republicans had done it it would be all over the 6:00 news and it wouldn't go away. The Democrats have done it, and it gets reported, but barely. Democrats have compared GW to H, and they think that's fine. They have said that the Republicans would keep blacks from voting, with fire hoses, the people with the fire hoses in Birmingham were Democrats, Bull Connor certainly was.<br /><br />I'm sorry the comparison brought back bad memories for you, but I think the Democrats have brought the comparison upon themselves.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Woodrat, Im sure there has been crap done from right wing extreemists, but by far there is alot more reported about the left wing wackos. Im sure the media is not hiding things that are being done by the republicans so one can assume that its no....not the typical Democrats way of opperation but a good amount of Democrats are idiots and could care less about whts right or wrong and are operating this way, they just want power. There is good and bad on both sides no doubt, but from what Im seeing the left is willing to do "WHATEVER it takes" to get the power they crave.

voodoo

Petty Officer 1st Class

Using words like Nazi , terrorist and hate for comparatively small acts by small minded people only waters down the words.<br /><br />Be thankful you live in a country that is split about 50/50 so the will of the majority is not shoved down the throats of minorities.<br /><br />By the numbers of 2000 if .001% are wack jobs on either side, there would be 1300 cases of violence per political bent.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> For every thug that does this on the democratic side,there is a thug on the republican side who does the same things.That sort of violence is not connected to party affiliation but to stupidity and hate mongering.The caller that you listened to, might be a big liar for all you know.<br />To compare either the democratic or republican party to the German Nazi Brown Shirts is a hate crime within itself. These brown shirts were the organized thugs of the party that started worldwar 2.In this war almost 90 million people lost their lives.7 million of those perished in concentration camps.<br />Please do not insult this board and its readers with such cheap dirt!
Where I rarely agree with you, rolmops, we can agree 100% on all that !
emthup.gif
<br />It isn't the party. It's the people who are memebers of that party. And all three parties have them. Speakin of parties, I'm looking forward to having one Wednesday the third. :rolleyes: <br />The parties are consistant, but the people can turn a night into broken glass over thier favorite baseball team winning a game. Sad but true.

KaGee

Admiral

The local Dem office was ransacked and everyone here went crazy. Surely it was those rascally Republicans and George Bush!<br /><br />Well guess what... IT WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!! They assumed it was republicans. Ha! Was there an apology? NO!<br /><br />The Dems have controlled this county for so long that they are now fighting amoung themselves. As a Republican, it's a delightful sight....snick!

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm thankful I live a country that allows both sides to vie for the responsible positions of government, and that it is done in a fairly orderly fashion.<br /><br />I'm sorry, when people throw rocks through to windows of offices and assault women giving a speech (Ann Coulter(I know she's a republican, but that doesn't make her fair game for assault)), when they threaten others beligerently and then accuse the other side of doing what they're doing (when there's no sign of it at all) I consider those classless, criminal, bordering on terrorist acts. They don't like what the other side says, so they assault them, tell me what that is? They have their own offices, their own podiums, their own opportunities to say what they think. <br /><br />I agree, they haven't yet gotten to the stage where they should be called Nazis, just as GW certainly should not have been called Hitler. The thing about the Democrats is I see the beginnings of it in their current activities. President Bush didn't like what Michael Moore's movie said, but he didn't file law suits and threaten people to keep it from being said. "Stolen Honor" is a movie made by Kerry's fellow veterans that says what they believe him to have done, and who they believe him to be, he seeks to deny them their right to speak through law suits, threats and intimidation. It is the violence and intimidation that bothers me.<br /><br />Bush lets people say what they want and tries to prove them wrong. Kerry denies them the right to say it, and pretty much proves them right. Bush has more minorities and women on his cabinet and staff than any president Democrat or Republican in the history of the union, but he's a racist and he's bad for women. I'm sorry, I just don't see it.

aspeck

Staff member

Snapper, the coeds offering sexual favors happened in State College, PA. They were standing outside a van, offering favors in return for Kerry votes. I am not a first hand witness, but a friend of mine is. SHE was the one that told me about it.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I started a thread to highlight just the fact that the extreme left is doing things that just a couple of years were considered unacceptable. <br /><br />There was once a time that the mainstream party's would distance and denounce these vulgar, illegal and disgusting activities. The democrat's unfortunately need the votes of these nuts and therefor are willing to prost1tute their civility and honesty to possibly win an election. They won't even play lip service in trying to stop them. This is disgraceful. By not denouncing these idiots they encourage them to continue to push the envelope and further endanger the integrity of our elections as well as the saftey of those who participate in the process.<br /><br />I can live with Kerry for four years dispite the fact he is not my candidate of choice, over usurping process with illegal activities and intimidation. Unfortunately for you on the left, it is your side that is primarily responsible for this type of thuggary. I pointed to people shooting at RNC offices you point out stolen yard signs? Not the same thing.<br /><br />It is a shame that the left cannot find a voice that can articulately espouse their views. But by demonizing someone who can point by point, on a daily basis point out their platform and positional flaws doesn't make people like Rush Limbaugh hate mongers, it just points out their effectiveness. This labeling of people, and misrepresenting their words, won't diminish their message.<br /><br />Likening these unconnected events to the brown shirts is inaccurate as there is no central command and coordination. But their activities are more like a terrorist organization with independent actions toward a mutual goal. The major parties must step up and seek to discourage these crimminals to preserve the process over the short term personal goals.

woodrat

Ensign

Wasn't it this administration's VP who said to the nation "people had better watch what they say"? Yes I think it was! That doesn't sound like tolerance for other people's speech to me. And after watching fahrenheit 911 for the first time last night, I saw a couple of cases where people were spied on and investigated for what they said or thought. So lets not go on about how tolerant and good this administration is. <br /><br />Oh and by the way, who was that on this forum a month or so ago INSISTING that the administration had never claimed a tie between Iraq and Osama? Well, there was condi rice right there on the screen, saying exactly that. Or did Moore and his evil minions photoshop the whole thing? I didn't think that it was a really great movie, certainly not as good as his earlier ones in flint, but the best part about it was his use of the subjects themselves, saying and doing exactly what they said and did. I have never really watched much of any of this on TV, since I don't ever really watch TV, but I have to say, Bush has got to be the most openly arrogant, condescending frat-boy this country has ever had as president in my lifetime. He makes me wish for reagan again. I saw him in the second town hall debate, since I was visiting friends who insisted that we watch it, and I thought the same thing then. His body lanuage is that of someone who doesn't really think that its fair that he answer to ANYONE, let alone the people, and his answers just oozed with contempt for the question. To me it would hardly even matter if he was right with my beliefs on every issue, I would not vote for the guy in a hundred years, just based on his swaggering, smirking attitude.<br /><br />And yes, there was an effort to keep michael moore's film from coming to light. maybe they didn't use the lawsuit, but they did try.<br /><br />And if its possible that the dems shot up their own party office and blamed the repubs, why isn't it possible that the repubs did the same thing? It s the oldest trick in the book: attack yourself, and blame your enemy.<br /><br />There I go again!

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Just because we don't agree on want you say we are Nazi's? The hate towards other people on this post is sick! We are all American's here One nation one people It's a sad day.............................

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Blu Lunch has had the last word.<br /><br />This has been too strong.