FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I changed spark plugs then took my boat out for a test drive it ran fine I anchored at the beach on the way back I tried opening it up and couldn't get above 3000 rpmsm
I have been all through the engine without finding the problem than I noticed the prop has fresh nicks on all 3 blades. Could this be the problem?
I would think a damaged prop would raise the rpms and lower your speed. As Bond-o indicated, you'd have to of added pitch through the damage -- not likely if you didn't feel such an impact.
I'm still learning, so my input is from my gut, not exerience.