Debate

aspeck

Staff member
Re: Debate

The question was about gay marriages and he quickly pointed out that Cheney's daughter was a lesbian, but didn't explain how that would answer the question. Just brought it up for no other reason than to bring it up, IMO.

ob

Admiral

Anyone hear T Smiley from BET say after the debate that " after three debates the candidates finally brought up a topic that was of interest to his people,albeit in the last 20 minutes."<br /><br />He was refering to affirmative action.<br /><br />I liked Bush's take on the subject."That's what the "no child left behind" act is all about and increasing the quality of education."<br /><br />In sumation,each person earns the right to a better job by applying oneself.This business of claiming widespread descrimination against minorities being refused job opportunities based on racism is a skipping record of poppycock and moonshine.

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I thought it inappropriate for Kerry and Edwards both to bring up Vice President Cheney's daughter. No one brought up Kerry or Edwards children gratuitously, nor should they have.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Funny how most people in my office think Bush won the last debate. But from watching ABC, CBS and NBC, they thought Kerry won. How can that be? :rolleyes:

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by hayhauler:<br /> I thought it inappropriate for Kerry and Edwards both to bring up Vice President Cheney's daughter. No one brought up Kerry or Edwards children gratuitously, nor should they have.
Desperate people grasp at straws. <br /><br />They are trying to point to anything that will help thier cause.

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

People have started posting specific questions that are left after Kerry's grandiose statements and claims, so here is mine.<br /><br />If 90% of the military is involved, either indirectly or directly, in Iraq operations (a dubious claim, at best), and this 100% volunteer military is taxed beyond its capability, how does he propose to man these 2 new active duty divisions that he keeps saying that he will put on line during his administration.<br /><br />The United States Armed Forces is a volunteer military, and it is already short handed, according to every published account, because the best young men and women leave the enlisted ranks after 1 tour. There has been no hiring freeze by the military, has there?<br /><br />Does increasing the number of billets to fill by 2 divisions automatically give you enough volunteers to fill them? <br /><br />Will increasing the number of combat and support personnell globally by 20,000 really make the rotational frequency of 140,000 men in a combat situation that much more tolerable? <br /><br />Will increasing the size of the United States Military (approximately 1,400,000 ) by .05% really help that much?

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by Mark42:<br /> Funny how most people in my office think Bush won the last debate. But from watching ABC, CBS and NBC, they thought Kerry won. How can that be? :rolleyes:
I clearly thought Bush won that too, but thanks to the liberal run media like ABC, CBS, and NBC, Bush has no chance with them. That is why I watch FOX News Network.