Dead Duck

dolluper

Captain
A woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary surgeon. <br />As she lay her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest. After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and said, "I'm so sorry, your pet has passed away."<br />The distressed owner wailed, "Are you sure?" <br />"Yes, I'm sure. The duck is dead," he replied.<br />"How can you be so sure," she protested. "I mean, you<br />haven't done any testing on him or anything... he might just be<br />in a coma or something."<br />The vet rolled his eyes, turned around and left the room. He returned a few moments later with a black Labrador Retriever.<br />As the duck's owner looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on the examination table<br />and sniffed the duck from top to bottom. He then! looked at the vet with sad eyes and shook his head.<br />The vet patted the dog and took it out and returned a few moments later with a beautiful cat. The cat jumped up on the<br />table and also sniffed the bird from its beak to its tail and<br />back again. The cat sat back on its haunches, shook its head,<br />meowed softly, jumped down and strolled out of the room.<br />The vet looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry, but as I said, this is most definitely, 100% certifiably, a dead duck."<br />Then the vet turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys, and produced a bill, which he handed to the woman.<br />The duck's owner, still in shock, took the bill. "$150!" she cried. "$150 just to tell me my duck is dead?!!"<br />The vet shrugged. "I'm sorry... if you'd taken my word for<br />it, the bill would have been $20... but what with the Lab Report<br />and the Cat Scan, it all adds up."