Dead Duck

gaugeguy

Captain
A woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary surgeon As she lay<br />her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to<br />the bird's chest. After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and <br />said, "I'm so sorry, your pet has passed away."<br /><br />The distressed owner wailed, "Are you sure?"<br /><br />"Yes, I'm sure. The duck is dead," he replied.<br /><br />"How can you be so sure", she protested. "I mean, you haven't<br />done any testing on him or anything. He might just be in a coma<br />or something."<br /><br />The vet rolled his eyes, turned around and left the room. He<br />returned a few moments later with a black Labrador Retriever.<br /><br />As the duck's owner looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his<br />hind legs, put his front paws on the examination table and sniffed the<br />duck from top to bottom. He then looked at the vet with sad eyes and<br />shook his head. The vet patted the dog and took it out and returned a<br />few moments later with a beautiful cat. The cat jumped up on the table<br />and also sniffed the bird from its beak to its tail and back again.<br />The cat sat back on its haunches, shook its head, meowed softly, jumped<br />down and strolled out of the room.<br /><br />The vet looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry, but as I said, this is<br />most definitely, 100% certifiably, a dead duck." Then the vet turned to<br />his computer terminal, hit a few keys, and produced a bill, which he<br />handed to the woman.<br /><br />The duck's owner, still in shock, took the bill. "$150!" she cried.<br />"$150 just to tell me my duck is dead?!!"<br /><br />The vet shrugged. "I'm sorry. If you'd taken my word for it, the bill <br />would have been $20. But what with the Lab Report and the Cat Scan,<br />it all adds up...."