Davis Dual fins

flydangler

Seaman Apprentice
Over a week ago I posted a note in the "How big of a motor?" thread asking about this, but never got a reply. <br /><br />Here's what I said: <br /><br />>Way back on November 28th Sloopy said "I <br />>use a five horse power Briggs and stratton <br />>with Davis Dual fins and at full throttle it <br />>goes 19-20 with one person on board".<br /><br />>Okay, I've searched all over the place and <br />>the only place I've found any mention of <br />>"Davis Dual fins" is on this forum, in this <br />>thread. What the heck are they? <br /><br />If anyone knows, please clue me in. <br /><br />Thanks in advance for any help.

walleyehed

Admiral
Re: Davis Dual fins

Sloop, where ya at Buddy......Got a one-adam-12 here......<br />I have never heard of "Davis dual fins".....wish I could help...sorry??? :confused:

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

maybe "Doel Fins". I've seen those. Don't know if Sloopy mis-spelled it or not

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Doel Fin is made by Davis Industries. Hopefully this ends the confusion. You can change the spelling in your topic by using the Edit button on your first post. That should generate plenty of responses.<br /><br />Now, what do you want to put it on and why? There are pros and cons to hydrofoils. Let us know about your application and I'm sure there will be no shortage of opinions.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

I have them on my Merc 35, but have taken them off....Felt they created more of a drag.....won't be able to tell until I get my boat back together. I'm not filling the holes in the plate until I'm certain.<br /><br />I've been reading a lot of the threads and most have leaned toward not using the fins, but each case is different.

flydangler

Seaman Apprentice

Ahhhhh, searching for "Doel fins" made all the difference in the world, Doel-Fin Hydrofoil Stabilizer, from Davis, popped up all over the place.<br /><br />Looks like what I need, and iBoats seems like the best source once you know what you're looking for.<br /><br />Geez there's some smart folks here, thanks!