Dan Rather was a hoot last night.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
I could not resist watching Dan Rather squirm and make cases that would allow Kerry to win in the face of impending loss for the Democrat party. His demeanor was that of a controlled panic. Frantically trying save the Democrats from defeat.<br /><br />What a joke this guy has become. His attempts to sway the election with bogus reporting has made him a laughing stock. To think I used to pay attention to what he said... (tisk, tisk, tisk) <br /><br />Well, America, it's now time to carry on.<br /><br />Mark.

oddjob

Commander
Re: Dan Rather was a hoot last night.

I watched Peter Jennings. :D I sware I saw him throw or slap the reports on the desk a few times with a slight eyeroll. :rolleyes:

SCO

Lieutenant

I held out hope for Rather all the way to the Bush National guard story. Finally, even I conceded that he was a cheap partisan, practically a crime for a newsman. Rather, the mainstream media, hollywood, Barbara Streisand, UBL, France, Europe, have all been jolted upright by the support of our President. Especially UBL, we slapped him right across the face. Good going USA. I'm proud of you. Look at us Spain, we're a country with some guts.

KaGee

Admiral

I only ventured off of Fox News long enough to check out local results. I thought they were very professional and forthcoming. At one point in the evening, you could see the look of concern on Bill Krystals face as early results looked dark for the President. The same look was on Juan Williams face about 1:00 A.M. as it became apparent that the GOP was running the table.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Limbaugh, this morning, gave an excellent analysis of how the "exit polls" had been engineered to make it look like Kerry had the election in the bag.<br /><br />It certainly worked because yesterday afternoon all of the news casters were speaking from a perspective of Kerry winning.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Rather, Jennings should be forced to retire, or be expired. They suck.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Left wing bias in the news media and entertainment industry is a world wide problem as far as I can see.<br /><br />...although it does make victory even sweeter (like right now) when the good guys still win through!! :D <br /><br />After checking the main news sites last night, I settled on http://www.foxnews.com and http://www.iboats.com as having the best coverage ;)

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

Perky Katie Kurek was in a real snit this morning. She was wearing all black.

Maximerc

Petty Officer 1st Class

I heard not long ago that Brokaw is going to retire after the elections, not that I would call any newsreporter my favorite but I could at least tolerate him.

Twidget

Commander

The local NBC affiate in Dallas/Ft. Worth suspended one of their anchors during GWB's run for governor of Texas. He was the keynote speaker at a Bush rally and introduced him as 'the next Governor of Texas'. He was suspended for a week for showing his political preferrence.<br /><br />If they did that nationally, we wouldnt have the nightly news with 'pick your anchor' :)

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

I never watch CBS news, but did it tonight to watch Rather's expression. I bet they had to replace the seat of his chair where his butt had chewed it out. Once again, the American people in the heartland have displayed their common sense.