Dam movie

f_inscreenname

Commander
Well it has been a nasty weekend. Rain, wind like a lot of you have had. This morning it is still windy but the sun is out. I have tickets to the Balto/Pitt game today that starts at 1pm. Thinking I haven't been out in more then a week and this is my favorite time of year I will go to bed early last night and that way I will be up early enough to go for a quick run. I’m up, gassed up, and at the ramp at 8am. I don't think I have ever seen a Sunday sunrise unless I haven't been up all night. I pull into the parking lot and the bottom half is yellow taped off where the ramp is. I pull up to what looks like a security guard and ask what is up? “They are filming Triple X part 3 here this weekend on the bridge next to the ramp and using the ramp for filming, props and stuff.” I look up at the bridge and see car going over and ask again what up with that. “They had to open the bridge from 6am to 12 am for the game”. Then why is the ramp not open? “They didn't want to move the stuff they had there in the way (3 boats on trailers and a crane that looked like it just drove up and a empty flat bed). I would have gone to the next ramp about 25mins away but it got washed out in the last hurricane last fall. The next ramp was to far away and to many tolls for the time I had left. Turn around and go home. This sucks. Now all my neighbors think I broke down or something because I was back so fast and didn't wash it or anything, just parked it full of gas and ready to go. Dam movie. I hope the game is good and this is not how the rast of my day will go. I am going to miss the NASCAR race (yea sometimes I’m a red neck) on at the same time and my guy (#6) is in the chase. Ohh well it could be worse we could loose today to Pitt and that would really suck.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Dam movie

f_in,<br />Sorry about your luck at the boat ramp... that really sux!<br />And, as the wife is from Pittsburgh, you know who I'm rootin' for in that game.<br />And to top it off, my NASCAR driver is #24!<br />We have absolutely NUTHIN' in common (except for boatin'! lol!)

starrider_68

Petty Officer 3rd Class

F_in, were they using / blocking a public ramp?<br />by most states I think that would be Illegal as to the effect that emergency services use those same ramps. I dont care if a movie is being made, if thier equpiment is blocking the ramp and someone is injured / or worse I think they should be held liable for ALL damages . seems fair to me 'cause they cant respect other peoples property (public ramp paid for by "our" taxes) <br />sorry justy ranting.......

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

That rig ,was it a crane on a barge? If so, it was probably used to bring up submerged debris. We had the same thing down here. My boats are both down, but I noticed this rig at the ramp. They use the public ramps as staging areas and for unloading the barges. It kinda bitez, but that's just part of hurricanes, which bite overall.<br />BTW. Martin is 14th at lap #213/ 8th in the case by -79

gonfishn

Commander

Nothing to say intelligent on either...But I do like the avatar OHIOST8ER..Gooooooo Buckssss..Chillicothe here...

gonfishn

Commander

Oh you dog you...Ya got slick on me..I gave an honorable mention to your wife on DC..Check out "last one before the white"...<br /><br />Like the avatar..Since there were only three of us there let me guess....hmmmmm

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

23_1_84.gif
<br /><br />Seen that, GF! She appreciates the props!<br />Good luck fin-huntin'!