Daggone Cat!!

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade
My Fiancee got a 2 year old cat about a month ago that lives with us.<br /><br />It's declawed in the front, so it only stays inside.<br /><br />For the most part, it's a good cat and likes to be pet, but sometimes it gets a little aggresive and I'm really starting to not like this thing at all. It lays in the middle of the floor and swats and bites at anyone walking past it.<br /><br />My Fiancee really loves the thing and we've been trying everything to get it to stop its bad habbits but nothing so far seems to work...<br /><br />It'll break her heart if we get rid of the thing, but I'm not sure what else to do.. I want her to be happy but I'm having a really hard time with the idea of not being able to walk around in my own house without getting my shins bit.<br /><br />...thanks for letting me rant...

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Daggone Cat!!

The cat is going to need as much if not more time than you to get adjusted. I too have a cat in the house that I hate, she was just hanging on the screen of a $4000 sliding door. I was about to shoot the f***ing thing. I have found that if it is scared of me it will stay away (from me atleast), however don't scare it or it will freak out on you.<br /><br />Good luck, and remember, if you don't want it someone else will.(there's a good home out there, please try to find it, or let me know and my wife and I will find it one)(we do animal placement around the country)

tylerin

Commander

keep a squirt bottle of water handy. When it gets aggressive, give it a shower. The kind of bottles that you can change the spray pattern. Keep it on a streamline. I cured mine by way of "The Redwing training method" ;)

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

I agree with Tylerin. Water also works yet you need to be a good shot, or it looks like you pee'd all over the floor.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I've read a lot of mixed things about the water bottle ... but maybe i'll give it a shot. <br /><br />She's actually a pretty good cat. She's not allowed on the tables and chairs and she does a pretty good job of staying off.. it's just this hissing and biting thing that really gets me.<br /><br />We got the cat from a humane association and we signed a contract that if we get rid of the cat, it goes back to them, so finding a home isn't going to be problem. I just don't want to break my Fiancee's heart..she loves the little fuzzy thing..<br /><br />I have a call into the vet .... we're talking about kitty prozac .. I'm having a really hard time with that one too..... but that's another story.

tylerin

Commander

My wife is an animal lover. We've got horses dogs cats chickens fish.When somebody is selling(or giving away) cats outside the grocery store she brings home the whole dog-gone box. It's my job to keep these animals in order.

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

Tylerin sounds like my house, HOLY CRAP IN OLE!!!!!

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer

Water bottle has worked for me....Unless you got that retarded cat that actually likes water.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

This one might like water..she likes to sniff around the shower after you get out... I dripped some water on it the other day to see what would happen..she didn't seem to mind much. I'll get s spray bottle in the morning... I hope that spraying her doesn't make her more aggresive though.. ?!?!

eeboater

Commander

Is it an aggressive swat? Or is it playing? I have a cat that loves swatting at people. But I know its playing...<br /><br />Sean

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

It's hard to say. Say I'm sitting on the couch and get up to go to the kitchen for something... She'll be sitting in the middle of the walkway and as you pass her, she swats, or bites, and lets out a loud meow. As soon as I give her the clap and "NO!" she takes off running and hides under the table...

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Oh God, there is so much I could say here.<br />Redwings are at work, how about Rockys?<br /><br /><br />Put a couple fresh nuggets from the litterbox into your fiancee's shoes. Cat will be gone in no time.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

My cat has his front claws removed and has been an inside/outside cat all his life. He's definitely in at night,but during the day he's outside 75% of the time. If he acts up he's outside longer. He's let in 3 times during the day for food,water, but once he's gotten his snack he sits by the door to go outside again. He's so nice and calm when he finally comes in. He gets all his aggression out outside. <br />Bassy

tylerin

Commander

Originally posted by roscoe:<br /> Oh God, there is so much I could say here.<br />Redwings are at work, how about Rockys?<br /><br /><br />Put a couple fresh nuggets from the litterbox into your fiancee's shoes. Cat will be gone in no time.
Funny you should say that. You see my dogs (3 labs) eat the lil K9 Almond Roccas out of they kitty box. Now if I could just get the cats to eat the dog doo, I could really cut down on my expenses

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

WHEW!! I can always count on you guys to take the edge off of a situation! :) <br /><br /><br />The Vet called back this morning - he said use the spray bottle but leave it in the cats view as a reminder ... If that doesn't work, he'll get us some kitty prozac for a few months.. PROZAC?!?! FOR A CAT!?!?!?<br /><br />Oh well, as long as she's happy, I'm happy.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

originally posted by jsfinn<br /> As soon as I give her the clap
I don't know about the Prozac, it sounds to me like it needs Penicillin :D :D :D :D

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Put ammonia in the bottle. A little shot to the nose will fix it up just right..

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

I hate people who let their cats run loose outside. They always seem to end up on the top of my car for some reason. Then the neighbors get mad when I "Redwing" em back into their direction. There are leash laws... not Dog laws but Animal laws.... cats included.