Dadizms

LadyFish

Admiral
In honor of fathers everywhere I thought it would be fun to post our favorite "Dadizms".<br /><br />Mine are:<br /><br />"Sit down, shut up, and do what you're told"<br /><br />"Children are to be seen, not heard"<br /><br />"Style kills the goat"<br /><br />"No, you can't get your ears pierced, the last thing you need is another hole in your head"<br /><br />"If you're lookin for somethin to do, I got a job for ya"<br /><br />"How long are you gonna be in there"<br /><br />"No humming at the dinner table"<br /><br />"You're grounded for a month"<br /><br />"You do that again, and you won't see the light of day"<br /><br />"You do that again, and I'll kick you into the second Tuesday of next week"<br /><br />"If your friend jumped off the bridge, would you?"<br /><br />"Tell me who you're friends are, I'll tell you what you are"<br /><br />"I got my hair shot off in the war"

dolluper

Captain
Re: Dadizms

Sure you can drive the car right after you buy one<br />Don't try to figger out Woman it will take you all your life and you will never do it<br />Schooling nah you don't need it the Big M always has openings<br />Your coming home tonight right guess I should cancel your hotel room then

Twidget

Commander

The world will always need ditch diggers.<br /><br />I'm going to put this size 13 where you dont want it.<br /><br />Your friend is an idiot, are you?<br /><br />Always broadcasting when you should be receiving.<br /><br />God gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason.

gaugeguy

Captain

The one that sticks with me, and that I promised myself I would never use...but have used it is...<br /><br />"Because I said so"

LadyFish

Admiral

LOL at GG, reminds me of another one.....<br /><br /><br />"Yours is not to question why, yours is just to do or die"

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

I'll give ya something to cry about!<br /><br />And the Politically Incorrect: <br />When I get done with ya, ya won't be able to sit for a week!<br /><br />Cause your mother said so, thats why.

gaugeguy

Captain

One that I heard Bill Cosby use, and I have used it as well...<br /><br />"I brought you into this world, I'll take you out"<br /><br />And another one that I use, just before a spanking...<br /><br />"This is going to hurt you more than me"<br /><br />And the one every dad uses...<br /><br />"Go ask your Mother"

ehenry

Commander

"BOY, I told you to strike a trott." - when I didn't do something right when he told me to.<br /><br />"Get that off your head, BOY. You look like a moron." - every time he thought I needed a hair cut.<br /><br />"BOY, I'll beat you." - when i was acting bad.<br /><br />"BOY, you do that and you'll step in to a man's world and I'm a man." - when I though I was man enough to do something I shouldn't.<br /><br />"DAMNIT, BOY" - when I didn't do what he said to do the way he said to do it.<br /><br />"BOY, you don't hit your sister. I dont care what she did to you. You never hit a woman, BOY" - while he was whoopin me for when he saw me punch my sister back for punchin me.<br /><br />Theres lots more but did you notice they all started with or ended with BOY? I"m 47 years old and he still calls me "BOY". There for a while I thought my name was BOY.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by efhenry:<br />for a while I thought my name was BOY.
I thought mine was "shi7 for brains"...he still calls me that on occasion :D <br /><br />Now if I was to call one of my boys that, my wife would have a coronary.

oddjob

Commander

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> The one that sticks with me, and that I promised myself I would never use...but have used it is...<br /><br />"Because I said so"
I like the military version:<br /><br />"DO IT!"....DO it NOW! ;) <br /><br /><br />GG:<br />Now if I was to call one of my boys that, my wife would have a coronary. <br /><br />Yet another benifit of divorce... ;)

Darren Smith

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The one that sticks in my mind is "Keep it up, you're messin' with the undertaker" I've heard most of the other ones at one point in time. Another one, When I was about to do something really stupid, "I may not agree with your choice, but I will stand behind you." Usually followed by a "I told you so" a week or two later.

LadyFish

Admiral

"Wipe that smirk off your face, or I'll wipe it off for ya"

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

My Pop's favorite one was, "Boy.. On your 18th B-day, I'm gonna take you out in the backyard and whip your a$$".. :eek: <br /><br />I'm still waiting for that a$$ whoopin'... :D

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Limited-Time:<br /> I'll give ya something to cry about!<br />
Yep, that's the one that sticks out in my mind,but add " Stop that crying or..." to the beginning. Never made sense to me, but I knew what it meant. That's all it took.<br />Bassy

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have heard most of those at one time or another, but I don't remember my Dad ever using one of them on me.<br /><br />The closest he ever came was something like, "Did you really do/say that? Do you think it was the right thing to do/say? What did you expect the result to be? What do you suggest I do so that you will never want to do/say it again?".<br /><br />I think at many times I would rather have been smacked into next week.

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Could help but add. <br />My Dad used to have little sayings for eveything he did. <br />"Slicker than Snot on your sleeve"<br />"That'll Frost Ya"<br /><br />My friend's dad was a high school teacher. While I was still in high school, I was over at his house and we were talking about another teacher by their slang name.<br /><br />He spoke up and said "I wonder what the students call me?" "Probably Sh*thead or something like that." From that day forward that was his nickname with all of our friends<br /><br />A lot of the ones already posted were used by my Dad.