Cyclone Larry... Aussie mates, check in....

scrapper

Ensign
Re: Cyclone Larry... Aussie mates, check in....

Yah saw that on the news here tonight , Hope everyones ok >

lark2004

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Still here, but then again, the storms about 2000 km's north of me..... 4000 north of Dunaruna, Triton, etc.... 1900 from Kiwi-Phil ;)

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Thanks for the heads up snapper. This is the first I heard of that storm. Maaaan that was a biotch of a storm. I too hope everyone is ok and can get things sorted out ASAP. Glad yoou checked in lark and every thing there is ok. Good news about the rest being a good distance from the storm also.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Hey snapperbait, that must have been some cyclone. I looked at the picture in your link and the wind was so powerful it blew that car clear onto the wrong side of the road. ;) :p :D

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Well north of us, even though in the same state.<br />Thankfully it didn't go through a city, as the towns it did go through are 100% damaged. <br />That area is the main Banana and tropical fruit producer in Aussie. News tonight stated 10's of thousands of acres have been destroyed (includes sugar crops too. <br />Just to top it off, another is forming in the Coral Sea and they will know tomorrow if it is heading this way.<br />We desperately need the rain it brings, especially if it gets down graded to a deep rain depression just as it crosses the coast, but we don't want everything destroyed.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Saw this on the BBC this morning: :eek: they reported winds at 180mph?? Strewth that would clear away any cobwebs!<br /><br />Glad you colonials are safe :D

Dunaruna

Admiral

All good down here, Stan. How the chompers?

lark2004

Lieutenant Junior Grade

180mph? dunno what that is. I do know that the winds hit 300kmh.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Dunaruna:<br /> All good down here, Stan. How the chompers?
still nagging at me occassionally: supposed to get them whipped out last week but there's been one snafu after another at the dentists; back up there on Wednesday and hopefully get the lot removed next week. I'm just nervous because it's cutting very fine before I start my new job :( <br />Hope I can still talk after the multi-extractions :D <br /><br />You guys take care down there!

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Going by tonights news, the place is devastated.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Forgot to add. George W Bush rang our Prime Minister, Little Johnny, and offered him any help he made need from the USA.<br />I thought that was very decent of him.<br />These two, I understand, are good friends.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

flips

Petty Officer 2nd Class

We are about 2000 klm away,boy did they get belted

Originally posted by Kiwi Phil:<br /> Forgot to add. George W Bush rang our Prime Minister, Little Johnny, and offered him any help he made need from the USA.<br />I thought that was very decent of him.<br />These two, I understand, are good friends.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip
It is an ILL wind that blows no one no good.

BRG25

Chief Petty Officer

What's the difference between a Cyclone and a Hurricane?

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Kiwi Phil:<br /> Forgot to add. George W Bush rang our Prime Minister, Little Johnny,
.........to claim responsibilty? :D :D <br /><br /><br />sorry, not really a subject to make a joke about.<br />saw the devestation again today on the news and it looks like an H-Bomb has hit the area! Very humbling seeing that power of nature.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by BRG25:<br /> What's the difference between a Cyclone and a Hurricane?
A cyclone turns in a clockwise direction, vs. a hurricane which turns counter-clockwise .... Otherwize, it's the same animal.....

lark2004

Lieutenant Junior Grade

gee flips, that's a funny part of Victoria your in, if it's only 2000km from FAR NORTH Queensland.

flips

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yeh sorry lark, i should have said about 2822.67 km