Cruisers Mackinac 22' owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

see sick

Cadet
Hi Group,<br /><br />I'm not sure if this is where to post this but I am wondering if there were any former or current Cruisers Mackinac owners out there?<br />I bought one to restore last fall. While it's in pretty good shape for its age (1969)I have a little TLC to get it back in shape. I would be happy to talk to some former owners for ideas, tips, or just to make some friends.<br />This is my first *big* boat and am really geeked about getting it in the water.<br /> :) <br />G'day

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Cruisers Mackinac 22' owners

Have you tried the Cruisers Forum, SS?

just bought mine, 1970 22' mackinac. bought it as is with dual axle trailer. guardidly optimistic about it....ok im really pumped!!!.....but we'll see, but they dont make boats like this any more... i can stand up in the cabin of a 22' boat, big bed, shower,head, fresh water,kitchen, shore power, sun deck (roof of cabin)...i like it!

I had a cruisers tri-hull cuddy and stumbled upon the cruisers mackinac for almost free and LOVE it ! I got it just as the weather was turning cold and went out many winter nights all bundled up to work on it...its almost ready ! It had not been in the water for 20 years and its going to sing again...and be fitted abit more modern too.
Its getting a hard top much like what I fabricated on my last cruisers boat and then some. Mine doesnt have a shower as you have stated but had already planned on fitting it with on in the head. I worked on the motor and just love to hear it run....it will be in the water in about a month. I told my girl she has to give up her bikini as a flag on the maiden voyage. ;)
Randall

Saabdaddy

Recruit

I got one several months ago and absolutely love it. It's obviously been in storage for years, but fortunately looks to have been inside. she's rock solid and looks great for her age. should be done with the engine swap this weekend and splashing in the water within the next couple of weeks.

OrinocoFlow

Recruit

Feb 10, 2011
I ran across a '79 Cruisers Mackinac 227 for sale on Craigslist out here in AZ. Don't know much of anything about these boats since I've never heard of this make and model before. Is this worth looking into for $2500? Can anyone tell me more about these boats? Earlier posts on this thread seem to indicate those who own them love them. Are there any problem areas to watch out for?
Thanks! I'm a sailboater looking to add a classic trailerable motor cabin cruiser to my "fleet" that won't break the bank.

RogerBoat

Seaman Apprentice

I too have become a recent owner of a '72 Mackinac project boat. Have invested one solid week in electrical and unfreezing virtuallay every moving part...although engine looks real good. I am about ready to test run it in water.

I have a question: This boat lacks the table that goes into the cabin. I have looked at several picture, but can't figure how it mounts to the wood rack structure. Could anyone share how this is designed, or have a good picture up close? Thanks.

To orinocoFlow, This looks like the boat I saw on the innernet not so long ago, if so, it looks really good to me for $2200, I paid that much for mine and it is a long way from being as complete. I have been looking at cabin crusers all winter and gave up interest because it seems the cabins were dark and cramped and the forward deck didn't seem useable to me. I ran into the Mackinac and immediately fell in love with the design. I look forward to seeing how I like it on the water.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

Ill bet 10 bucks that Bob is allready pulling out his closed button :)

5 year old thread...

YD.

RogerBoat

Seaman Apprentice

Hi. I'm new to understanding these threads so bare with me if I made a mistake replying to your paticular message. I recently bought a 22ft. Mackinac project boat and in the throws of restoring it. This boat lacks a table in the cabin which I want to construct as original designl. I can see in pictures that it connects to a wooden rack but can't see how the table fastens to it. Would you know how this works or a close up picture of how the table is constructed? Thanks for reading this.

Status
Not open for further replies.