Crownline

followme21

Seaman
I am getting ready to do some work on the outside of my 92 225 Crownline. I would like to remove the metal sign that says "Crownline" on both side of the back of the boat. Does anyone know how those labels are attached to the boat? It doesnt look like they are bolted or screwed from the back, as I dont see any hardware. Some sort of glue maybe? 5200 or something,? if thats the case what can I use to remove them. Then what can I use to re-attach them? Thanks

Tolyn

Seaman
Re: Crownline

Greetings!

Some kind double sided tape I believe. One of mine was missing and you could still see the outline of it there from the stuff left behind. To remove them I'd be tempted to try a blow dryer or heat gun of sorts coupled with careful use of a putty knife and see where that gets you.

To put it back I'd clean up both surfaces real good. A pressure washer blasted the crud off my hull just fine. You'll have to be more careful with the sign half of course. See where just putty knife scraping gets you? Maybe try some gunk off or similar in little doses, being careful not to let anything get on the face of it (just in case it leaves marks).

Once both surfaces are clean some strong double sided tape cut appropriately should attach it for a long time. Of course one of mine is missing so .. maybe 4200 or 5200 would be better.

Best of luck!

Respectfully,
-m

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Crownline

I would like to remove the metal sign that says "Crownline" on both side of the back of the boat.

Ayuh,... Just so's ya know,...
There's gonna be unfaded shadows left over...