Cracked head on 350 mercruiser

Biggyniner

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey all, got 2 hours on my ATK DMM6 marine engine and was chasing an exhaust leak. Ends up there is a small crack on the head. Anyone know the head casting number offhand that was used on these mercruiser 350s, 1993?? I won't have a chance to pull the valve cover and check for a few days and I want to start pricing a replacement...

I know it should be covered under warranty, but who knows how long that process will take. When I eventually get the head from my warranty claim I will probably sell it.

Bondo

Staff member
I won't have a chance to pull the valve cover and check for a few days and I want to start pricing a replacement...

Ayuh,..... There's no way to know, without Lookin',....... To many possibilities,.....

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Gotta pull the VC and look, as Bondo stated, too many different possibilities for pre-vortec heads

Biggyniner

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok well it is a 14102193. Apparently there is an oval and round pushrod passage version of this head. The round one requires pushrod guides. Since mine does not have the guides, I'm assuming I have the oval one which uses self aligning rocker arms. Of course I did not look that close when I had the valve cover off - but that has to be it since it did not have guides...