CoWorker (rant)

Twidget

Commander
I work as a hardware network tech, with a guy who is the 'senior'. He suffers from a bad case of I cant fix sh@t.<br /><br />Since it is just the two of us, we agreed, he would take Friday off, I would take today off.<br /><br />The only calls I get Friday are in his area. Everyone makes the comment that they hope its fixed this time, they are tired of the other guy.<br /><br />He just called about noon. He has 14 calls in his box and doesnt know how he is going to do them all. I checked and only 1 of the flipping calls is from my area. The other 13 are his, and he has the cajones to try and make me feel guilty about his territory!<br /><br />I took today off, to be with my son, who has a day off from school. I cant even enjoy a day off without this twit calling and whining. :mad: <br /><br />Sorry for the rant, I just had to get that off my chest.

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer
Re: CoWorker (rant)

Get caller ID. Then don't answer on your day off. The kid sounds a lot more important. ;) :D

eeboater

Commander

ahh.. just don't answer your phone. So, you were in a movie all afternoon... right?

sangerwaker

Commander

Nothing worse than fixing someone elses screw ups IMO. It's OK if they help fix the screw up so hopefully they learn for next time. Sucks when the people you work with are idiots. I'm in a similar situation. I feel your pain.<br /><br />I like the above ideas to just not answer. I do it every time I have a day off.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Go Call Block. Don't let the dunce wreck the dya with your boy.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I had to work a weekend and till midnight a few weeks past cause I was helping a SLOW A$$ co-worker.<br /><br />It was really fun considering I missed my sons baseball game.<br /><br />Ken

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Picking up the slack is no fun. Hopefully the boss sees you gettin' 'er done though.

Twidget

Commander

Answering the phone is required by the company. We are a 24/7 sevice provider. Since there are just two of us in the area, if he had dire need of something, I would be required to take it to him. <br /><br />The boss in on the east coast. He doesnt care one way or the other, as long as the customer doesnt call him.<br /><br />Oh well, I'll quit my whining now.

Realgun

Commander

It might be a good Idea to let the boss know just whats going on and maybe get the guy either more training or a new job. Most people put up with crap from somebody else for a long time but in the end they are just getting over on you!

dogsdad

Lieutenant

I can relate.<br /><br />BUT...yeah, I gotta but. Someone always does, right?<br /><br />Well, it could be the guy is as incompetent as you think...or maybe he's even worse than you think. But then again, maybe not. You oughta swap "territories" with him for a week or two and see what it's like.<br /><br />If you find that all your regular folks are dying to get you back, and his regular folks are sobbing when you go back to your regular duties, there ain't any doubt whatsoever that he is indeed a TWIT. And then everyone will know it!<br /><br /><br />-dd-