Covert Operation...

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
OK fellas, I feel compelled that I should let you in on my covert operation.

So if you have been following along on my rebuild thread you may have picked up that I actually have two trailers right now, a single and a double axle.

Anyway, I have them both listed at this point. I really don't care which one sells as I can work with either one. I have priced them a just a little high just to see if I can make a little pocket cash for the Islander.

But here is my covert operation...

If I don't sell one, that would be aok! Why? Because I am on the hunt for another! SHHHHHHHHHH!

So yah, if I can find that ever so rare Starcraft that somebody is getting rid of for nothing (or nearly nothing) with no trailer in the area, than I may jump on it. There is no way that I can pay good money for another project when I haven't even finished the first! Besides, my bride may end up looking for a more level headed and stable man. But, free boat? What is the harm, eh?

So what would work? Well, on the big end I'd love to find a 26' Islander/Chieftain. Prolly not going to happen though. On the smaller side would be an 18' that I might like to turn into a CC.

I am actually seeing a couple of possibilities out there but it is really tough for me to take a whole day and drive to go pick up another "ghetto boat". Death by wife's fry pan if you know what I mean.

Anyway, sell a trailer or the Covert Operation of acquiring a junker Starcraft. Either way would be good with me. Feel free to be part of the covert side if you like, but beware, if my wife finds out that you are a part, she may take you down too!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Re: Covert Operation...

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/boa/1682872522.html

It ain't free but it's pretty close:D

She'd make a sweet CC and is just begging to be restored.

Interesting that you mention that one, I just got off the phone with that guy! Great Starcraft minds think alike, eh! That boat prompted me to make this post!

If I had the time I'd prolly drive down and get it! I can't even see a day this month that I can make it happen. He was even willing to work with me on the price! Bummer!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

You gotta be able to act fast if you want to carry this out. I'd be making time to go pick up that holiday. Most any 3 piece windshield will fit right on there and you've got yourself a boat. Same one as HSF's and he's making that one pretty sweet. I don't recommend you ending up with 2 boats in the same genre. Just pointless. I have it worked out though. I have an 18' SS, my dad has a little 14' tinny for the skinny water, and I talked my buddy into buying a 21' Chieftain for the bay. I am currently the only one with a suitable tow vehicle :D

Huron Angler

Admiral

Keep in mind that you could also choose to use what I've been calling "the old starcraft bait and switch"

Basically this is how it works:

1. Go get the 18' Holiday ASAP, for many reasons. Mainly, someone else will be buying it before you if you think about it for too long. Also, your wife might see this thread and nix the whole deal. That depends on whether or not you delete your cookies and temp internet files LOL

2. Explain to everyone that you couldn't pass up on the deal and that it is your "parts boat"(like NB's Old Blue) for the islander, if people ask which parts tell them that it's highly technical, quite boring and cannot be seen by the naked eye.

3. Restore the rig once the islander is on the water and tell people(if questioned) that you have decided to keep the old girl and work on her to stay out of trouble. If questioned further explain that since you already have leftover building materials from the islander you can't afford NOT to restore the Holiday.;)

Good luck!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

You gotta be able to act fast if you want to carry this out. I'd be making time to go pick up that holiday. Most any 3 piece windshield will fit right on there and you've got yourself a boat. Same one as HSF's and he's making that one pretty sweet. I don't recommend you ending up with 2 boats in the same genre. Just pointless. I have it worked out though. I have an 18' SS, my dad has a little 14' tinny for the skinny water, and I talked my buddy into buying a 21' Chieftain for the bay. I am currently the only one with a suitable tow vehicle :D

Yup, I am with ya. I don't think that rig will last very long.

I am also with ya on the boat plan. Here is mine...

26' Islander/Chieftain (rather have the Chieftain if I can find one)
22' Islander (own it)
18' CC
12' John Boat

Surely this would be a LOOOONG term goal to get all four but two or three might be within reason over the next few years. And, since I already have a spare trailer on hand, why not give it a shot, eh!

Cheers Man!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Keep in mind that you could also choose to use what I've been calling "the old starcraft bait and switch"

Basically this is how it works:

1. Go get the 18' Holiday ASAP, for many reasons. Mainly, someone else will be buying it before you if you think about it for too long. Also, your wife might see this thread and nix the whole deal. That depends on whether or not you delete your cookies and temp internet files LOL

2. Explain to everyone that you couldn't pass up on the deal and that it is your "parts boat"(like NB's Old Blue) for the islander, if people ask which parts tell them that it's highly technical, quite boring and cannot be seen by the naked eye.

3. Restore the rig once the islander is on the water and tell people(if questioned) that you have decided to keep the old girl and work on her to stay out of trouble. If questioned further explain that since you already have leftover building materials from the islander you can't afford NOT to restore the Holiday.;)

Good luck!

Huron, you totally crack me up!!! You have this thing completely figured for me! All angles! You are so covert! Are you wearing face paint right now?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Sounds good except the 12' part. I know HA seems to have lots of fun in his...but there is rarely a reason to buy a less than 14' unless you want to throw it in the back of truck :)

aspeck

Staff member

Huron, you totally crack me up!!! You have this thing completely figured for me! All angles! You are so covert! Are you wearing face paint right now?

Personally I think he is sitting in the corner snickering like Mutley and just waiting for the better have to find out about the "covert operation" so he can have a great laugh at your expense ... but then, aren't we all???? :eek::p;):D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Sounds good except the 12' part. I know HA seems to have lots of fun in his...but there is rarely a reason to buy a less than 14' unless you want to throw it in the back of truck :)

Yah, I could go just as easy to a 14 footer. Either would work fine in the rivers around my place. Really what I want is a dual purpose motor. Something for a 12/14 that I can take off and use as a kicker for the big rigs. I am thinking a 10hp for a 12' or a 15hp for a 14' may work nicely.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Personally I think he is sitting in the corner snickering like Mutley and just waiting for the better have to find out about the "covert operation" so he can have a great laugh at your expense ... but then, aren't we all???? :eek::p;):D

Oh man, I am going to get it aren't I. I'm a little scared. If I don't sell one of these trailers quick I am going to be in big trouble!:eek:

Or, swipe that 18 footer before I come to my senses!

:eek:

Huron Angler

Admiral

LOL...Let the record show that I would not be upset if my 12 footer were two feet longer and a bit wider:D

It is perfect for a 10-year-old kid to drag down the beach and launch solo with no dock.

My AeroCraft just happens to have sentimental value to me since it was my grandpa's and I've used it since I wasn't even tall enough to see over its very low sides;)

BTW I do hope J keeps the mission covert, not sure if posting all the details on a public forum meets protocol:p

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

BTW I do hope J keeps the mission covert, not sure if posting all the details on a public forum meets protocol:p

Oh yah, it's covert - I even started to apply face paint too since I now know you are wearing some!

aspeck

Staff member

Oh yah, it's covert - I even started to apply face paint too since I now know you are wearing some!

Don't forget the cammies and the night vision goggles! (and the tent since that is where you will sleeping when "She who must be obeyed" finds out. Rule #1, no matter how covert your actions are, "She who must be obeyed" will find out!:eek:).

Broadcast

Petty Officer 1st Class

Jas,

That 18 "scrapper" is 2 miles down the road from me. Sure I can grab HSF and go rescue her and stuff'er in the back yard till you "Sifer" your next move! Camo & face paint on standby!

Huron Angler

Admiral

Jas,

That 18 "scrapper" is 2 miles down the road from me. Sure I can grab HSF and go rescue her and stuff'er in the back yard till you "Sifer" your next move! Camo & face paint on standby!

Broadcast...glad to have you and HSF on board...did anyone tell Kenny?

Broadcast

Petty Officer 1st Class

Broadcast...glad to have you and HSF on board...did anyone tell Kenny?

Naw, but he seems like a go with the flow kinda guy. Maybe he needs a little diversion from all that hard work he's been do'in!

North Beach

Commander

He's probably just been married longer than you hahahahahahaha