Coupler needs replacement but permanent connection!

Blue Crabber

Ensign
Re: Coupler needs replacement but permanent connection!

Daang guys, all of this is sadly to say....NEW information to me....

I now know that I Really need to put some time and money into the safety of this. Guys, im so scared to drive this damn thing. I really thank all of you guys, Im going to get another chain and do the criss cross like you guys were saying. I wish you guys were LOCAL to me...i really need some nice people around me who can help me with these things...Like i said im a total noobie..got this thing for a steal and im basically learning everything from you guys and others that i see on the lake...so please excuse the small amount of knowledge that I know about this stuff...BTW im located in Southern California if you guys are around....haha.

Thank you again guys!

-Lazydayz
-OMAR

We were all new at one point and time so don't worry abot the questions, we are happy to help out. If I was local I would see if I could give you a hand, however I am not.

Safety is the top priority around here as it should be. Don't let the trailer scare you. Go through the steps mentioned above and try to adjust it. Also get that second chain and like mentioned, bolt them to the trailer. Don't want to loose the trailer going down the road!!

If you feel like you can't handle this, take it to a local trailer shop and they will be happy to help you! I am not saying you can't, give it a shot if you feel comfortable working on it.

Have you had a experience driving with trailers? If not, try to find an empty parking lot near by and practice there. Everything from turning, braking and backing up. Take you time and don't get frustrated with yourself. It takes time to become proficient.

Any other questions just fire away. This is a great forum and someday has to have the answer around here!

lazydayz

Cadet
Re: Coupler needs replacement but permanent connection!

Thanks guys..i really do appreciate it...i have tonnnss of questions for u guys trust me! lol. but i do appreciate it.. i will be getting the 2nd chain and ill be hooking that up..its been like 101 degrees this whole week so its hard to sit on the asphalt and work on it...hopefully this weekend...

Thanks again! Btw im in Diamond Bar CA. Next to Orange county.

Thanks guys!

-Omar