Cost of different flooring options

zoom50

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have a 1990 19' Mach I Spoiler. The boat partialy sank last year and my insurance company replaced the 4.3 Mercruiser and other engine components. I did a quick repare to rotten ply around my driver seat to get me by the season. I would like to replace the deck/foam and the rear bench seat which is rotten. My stringers are glass and in good shape. While handy, I don't think I have the time/skills to do this myself. Does anyone know ballpark estimates that I might get for the following flooring options (with new foam and labor):<br /><br /> 1.Replacing all deck Plywood with marine grade plywood and new carpet<br /><br />2.Replacing all deck plywood with marine grade plywood and spraying deck with rhino liner<br /><br />3.Glassing new plywood deck<br /><br />4. Installing Kings starboard<br /><br />I also have to replace rotted wood between engine compartment and rear bench seat (I am bolting cooler seats to deck to replace existing bench seat)<br /><br />Thanks for your help

llfish

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Cost of different flooring options

Well rhino liner will coast in excess of $1,000. Marine grade plywood will run close to $ 80.00 for a 4' by 8' sheet. <br /><br />Go to several stores and get a cost of materials and multiply it by 20 to come up with a cost.<br /><br />Take a look at this it may help! http://www.250free.com/onhold.php?silverline.html

prockvoan

Chief Petty Officer

You would be in luck if it does cost less then $1800.00,but chances are it will be over $2,000.00 for the complete job.

jimmythekid

Petty Officer 1st Class

im guessing at least 2 grand <br /><br />don't forget most likely theres wood under that there glass, (especially a 1990) and boats tend to rot from the bottom up. I hate to say it but the chances are once you get the lid (floor) off, your gonna want to take it down to the bare hull.(maybe) If it comes to that add another thousand at least<br /> Youd be better off doing it yourself. Its really not that hard. Just really dirty work. The hardest part is getting the old stuff out IMO.<br /><br />But then again, maybe its just a couple sheets of plywood.<br /><br />I can see that job edging close to 3 grand, and don't forget you need to let it all dry out REALLY GOOD, before going back together. If you start now, you might have it ready for water by the end of the summer, assuming you do it yourself.<br /><br />Not trying to sound all doom and gloom, but I started out just trying to fix some cushions, and if ya click my pic link youl see what I ended up doing.<br /><br />The deck has to come off anyways, do this: if ya got a circular saw, set it for 1/2 inch cut 2 foot square hole in the lid (floor) right where the rotted seat portion is, take a few pics and post them here and we can have a better understanding of what your looking at.<br /><br />edit: as you can see from my register date my boats been out from september and its still not ready for water, almost, but not quite, and I have worked on it every spare minute I could find. It takes a while especially if you have never done it before (like me) but I am SOOOOOOOOOO glad I did it this way. You have found the right website thatsa for sure. I would have givin up long ago if it wasn't for the guys on this message board. Thanx GUYS!!!!!!!