Cost Effective way to repair/redo boat seats??

brsox88

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 17' 1996 Monterey 180. It has the typical bowrider setup. I bought the boat from a lady who had the boat uncovered on the side of her house while her neighbors house burnt down. The hot ashes coming back down make a few holes here and there and some burn marks on the carpet (not worried about) but I want to do something with the seats? Whats my best method without breaking the bank? Do they make patches that look work/look good? Seat covers? Maybe recover the seats with that leather vinyl materiel? Or maybe just bring it to a local boat place that redoes seats?

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
Re: Cost Effective way to repair/redo boat seats??

Any of these would work depends on your budget and your taste. Get a quote from a local upholstery store and see if you would be comfortable with the bill. You can save some $$ if you had them sew the skin ? the vinyl ? together and you do the installation on the seat. Post some pictures so we know what kind of damage we are talking about.

trevtt600

Petty Officer 3rd Class

www.veada.com

This is a boat seat builder in Indiana. They have the best prices i have seen on the internet. Best of luck!

Doernuth

Petty Officer 1st Class

Most boat seats are just material, usually vinyl, sewn up and stapled to a piece of plywood. Get stainless steel staples for your staple gun and you can put them on yourself. Just make sure you stretch the material and use LOTS of staples.