Cool

Re: Cool

I'm glad to see that someone else has a Fabuglas. I have a 1987 17' ski/fish with a Mercury 1500 :eek: (1980). Mine's a real fixer upper, but I look forward to the challenge. How's you guys restoration work going?

Phish555

Seaman

I am now back on the water. I rebuilt my engine bay along with a few stringers and some of the floor. No leaks. I had a local shop pull the motor/out drive/ and transom assembly. They did a real nice job of putting it all back in too. While the motor was out, they changed the plugs, and went thru the starter for me. The motor runs great.

Although mine is ugly to look at, I am currently running it. After the engine switch, I am now in the process of hooking up lights, radio, tach, bilge, etc. Loooks like I am going to have to rewire frm scratch. Oh Yeah, going to need a new floor soon, and a paint job wouldn't hurt either. I would love to see some pics of you guy's Fabuglas boats. Will post mine when I have more time. :D

pic247

Recruit

sorry about posting seperatly wont happen again, I just purchased a 86 16.5 ft tempest. using it for fishing and sking, runs great, also in need of some upholstery work not much.

vintagegirl

Recruit

Hi Newby here,
I have a 64 fabuglas and I am trying to find a pic or literature or something to show what the canvas cover should look like. It came with one in pretty bad shape and the snaps don't match any ideas?

1964 Fabuglas crusader
1966 Larson all american
hubby has a Bass Boat

Jerico

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welcome to iboats. That's funny, I have a Fabuglas and a '59 All American. The Larson is in pretty sad shape though. It is my next project. Check fiberglassics.com. They have a couple of Fabuglas brochures, but not much. Other than that pics are going to be hard to come by. If it would help I can probably send you a pic of mine, but its an '88 so is probably different.

Jerry Dula

Recruit

Hello to all, another newbe coming on board and proud owner of a 65 Fabuglas. I've had it for about 15 years. The original v4 Johnson 75 that it came with has long since bit the dust but I had a fellow swap it out to a 60 Evinrude and just keeps on running and running....I've changed around the seating once or twice and am currently doing it again. I also changed the area around a little also. I don't know what it is other than a Fabuglas, it has a self bailing front floor which is also the top cap for the whole boat. I'd like to know more as well but I wasn't able to find much when I did try to look. I'll try to get a pic or two on here if I can figure out the deal.
I knew there had to be more of these around other than just mine. I often wonder how it got from Tennesse, Nashville I think to South Carolina. It's been here some time judging from the registry numbers;SC29AD.
Have a great day!

Susquehanna Squid

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Add me to the list. I have a 1988 Fabuglas. I have no idea what model but it is a 16 ft open bow ski and has a 3 liter OMC (Chevrolet) engine etc. Anyone know what model? I actually rescued it and have put some work into it. The engine runs great except for the water that leaks/pours out while I am wide open.

Susquehanna Squid

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the info Jericho. The Buccaneer is the only model I found that matches as well. I have been looking at this site for some time now and could wait no longer to join. I have already learned so much from everyone on here. Thanks for the Help!

Another Fabuglas owner here! Mine's a 1973 Trident (15') with an early 70s Merc 850. Almost ready for the water - just need to apply some gelcoat in a couple of places and install my fishfinder.

Looking forward to piloting an old battle-scarred tri-hull :D

themadhoofer

Recruit
Last edited by a moderator:

JPK616

Recruit

Good afternoon.

I just recently was given a 1964 19 foot Fabuglas Commodore Cruiser with a 140HP Johnson. The motor is an 1981. It's been sitting for 10 years. It will take plenty of work to get this in the water. I really like the look of this boat.

texfrazer

Recruit

Another newb!

My parents own a 1967 (or 69) Fabuglas trident 170. It's got a 1974 Johnson 115 on it. I grew up with the boat and now it's time to get it up and running again.

It last ran 10 years ago, so there's some work to be done. It's been floating for that whole time.

I'm going to have to replace at least some of the floor due to it getting weak between the front seats.

I've already started gleaning info off of the site!

electricjohn

Petty Officer 1st Class

My parents had a 1963 Fabuglas Fury. It was a 14' 2" runabout. I have a photo of the identical boat, but it was not ours. Don't think my parent ever took a picture of that boat, but I will check their photo albums. We had the boat for 7 seasons so there might be a picture somewhere. Boat had a 50 hp Merc. It (motor) was white. Boat was a white hull, with a light blue deck. Photo will come soon.

Photos added

Attachments

• scan0006_edited.jpg
    scan0006_edited.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 0
  • scan0007 edited.jpg
    scan0007 edited.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

jonnymarquis

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hey there bought our 2nd boat last night and its a 1978 fabuglas 146 trident. in immaculate condition been garage kept its whole life. has a 1977 70 hp evinrude on it. was not the original motor but i am sure it will push it great. runs great on muffs. interior is in great condition has original canvas top, seats. two live wells under back seats. here are some picks and ill post more as the year progresses.100_7439.jpg100_7443.jpg100_7441.jpg100_7437.jpg100_7442.jpg

Last edited:

kendog

Recruit

any body know where i can get a transome boot for a 1966 fabuglas with a OMC out drive