Cool skiing video

sangerwaker

Commander
I was surfing around this AM and found this super cool video clip of Mike Tremby. He's a barefooter from California, but the video is of him on a ski. The impressive part (to me anyway) is that the ski has no bindings. Watch what he does. I'd say the guy has pretty darn good balance!<br /><br /> 4 MB video

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Cool skiing video

Truely amazing. I would have liked to see him getting up on that ski.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

I like it..... No binding - incredible!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Cripe... I could'nt do that, even with bindings..<br /><br />No bindings, and he's making Andy Mapple look bad.... :D

Straightup

Petty Officer 1st Class

That vid was stinkin' AWESOME!!!!<br /><br /> :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: <br /><br />He can ski backwards and forwards with 1 foot and no binding than I can forwards with binding!!

ehenry

Commander

DOnt really see whats so amazing about it. We use to do it on frisbies, skulling paddles, wearing a pair of high top beta bullet tennis shoes and the rope wasn't tied to a pole ten feet in the air. :confused:

Straightup

Petty Officer 1st Class

I used to ski around the whole lake barefoot on 1 foot - my other foot was in a ski tho' :D ;) :D

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

The video is amazing. Totally cool...

Realgun

Commander

That was cool but I usually just end up drinking the lake. :D

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

That was sweet SANGER, I can't hardly believe that.<br />Where is that in some river or something? Is Midwest Inboard a good place to get a barefoot suit?

sangerwaker

Commander

That was filmed on the Delta in CA.<br /><br />If you're interested in a suit locally, I'd go to Lake Elmo Sports in Burnsville. Those guys have by far the best selection. Don't skimp on the suit. You truly get what you pay for. I'd also seriously consider a pair of padded barefoot shorts to wear under the suit as well. Lake Elmo also has a website, but I can't access it from work. It's www.lakeelmosports.com

tylerin

Commander

Originally posted by sangerwaker:<br /> I'd also seriously consider a pair of padded barefoot shorts to wear under the suit as well.
I've barefooted a number of times, but rarely fall backwards. I always seem to slap my face :D

sangerwaker

Commander

They're not for falling backwards. They are for helping you glide better on your keester when doing a deepwater start or tumble turns.<br /><br />And tylerin, you shouldn't be slapping yourself. It's much easier if you keep both hands on the handle. :p :D