cooking

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
so i bought two pork butts a couple weeks ago and amazingly found two more that I already had in the freezer, as we draw down our food during this lock down. Here is my plan for one of them, I have a grinder attachment for my Kitchenaid.

MSKOK5F.jpg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
awhile back I did some of that red pork you get at the chinese places. Forgot i had vacu-sealed up some leaftovers so i also decided to learn how to make my own crab rangoons. With real crab. Not krab.

h9XcSj6.jpg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
todays quarantine brunch. Left over lamb sliders, poached eggs and some toast form my country white bread i made last night to go with dinner (which was ricotta, cream cheese, splash or Worcestershire, onion and garlic stuffed manacotti)

2dpNOZh.jpg

I think i've finally nailed the poached egg. Never have fried again if I can avoid it.

mt8Z9BN.jpg

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Eggs a little to runny for my liking .. Still looks yummy though !
Left over spaghetti for lunch today .. Working night shift I get last nights dinner for lunch .
So that technically not leftovers right ?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
if you add a sprinkle of say chives on it that you didn't have on it previously, it is a new dish.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
leftover indian spiced mahi with basmati, couple eggs, gin and juice watching TNG. it was a good morning

15z7U2M.jpg

southkogs

Staff member
We made Swedish Meatballs this weekend (my great grandmother's recipe). No where near as photo worthy as your stuff Joe, but it tasted great!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Joe do you ever have a regular meal like a ham or bologna sandwich and a bag of chips ? :rolleyes:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
We made Swedish Meatballs this weekend (my great grandmother's recipe). No where near as photo worthy as your stuff Joe, but it tasted great!

Look up frikadeller aka Danish meatballs that's what I grew up on since 1976 when mom move there. Add extra onions.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Joe do you ever have a regular meal like a ham or bologna sandwich and a bag of chips ? :rolleyes:

Funny you should ask....

yesterday morning I drove down to guntersville AL to pick up a set of my ever growing list of fake grandkids. The boy and I are hitting the canoe (when the little s..t wakes up) on the Duck river and planned for boating food is a couple packs of buddig lunch 'meat', sliced onions, a squeezy thing of miracle whip and some almost stale hamburger buns from the freezer and can't forget the plastic wrapped piece of cheese looking material. And a small bag of pepper. I must have pepper. Other than my cold fried chicken, this is the best thing to eat while fishing.

Oh, and ruffles have ridges and they will be added to the sandwich for salty crunch.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
And a thick cut piece of fried bologna on a biscuit with a touch of mustard is love in my mouth.

southkogs

Staff member
Look up frikadeller aka Danish meatballs that's what I grew up on since 1976 when mom move there. Add extra onions.
REAL close to the same thing. We tried making them this time with some spicier sausage replacing the pork. We had lots of 'em around the holidays since before I was born even.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I’m all in on the cold fried chicken!
My lunch today which was last nights leftovers actually looked like one of your creations ..
Grilled salmon fillets and asparagus with a nice pile of shrimp scampi on the side ! :hungry: