CONVOY!!!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
My favorie CW McCall song!!!<br /><br /><br />Convoy<br /><br /><br />(yeah breaker one-nine this here's the rubber duck you got a copy on me pigpen come on? uh yeah pigpen ten-four for sure for sure by golly it's clean clear to flagtown come on? yeah it's a big ten-four there pigpen we definitely got the front door good buddy mercy sakes alive looks like we got us a convoy) <br /><br />was the dark of the moon on the sixth of june and a kenworth pullin logs<br />cab over pete with a reefer on and a jimmy haulin hogs<br />we was headin for bear on I-one-oh bout a mile outta shakytown<br />i says pigpen this here's the rubber duck and i'm about to put the hammer down <br /><br />cause we got a little ol convoy rockin through the night<br />yeah we got a little ol convoy aint she a beautiful sight<br />come on and join our convoy ain't nothin gonna get in our way<br />we gonna blow this truckin convoy cross the USA<br />convoy <br /><br /><br />(yeah breaker pigpen this heres the duck and uh you wanna back off them hogs? uh ten-four bout five mile or so ten-roger them hogs is gettin intense up here) <br /><br />by the time we got into tulsa town we had 85 trucks in all<br />but there's a roadblock up on the cloverleaf and them bears is wall to wall<br />yeah them smokeys as thick as bugs on a bumper they even had a bear in the air<br />i says callin all trucks this here's the duck we about to go a-huntin bear <br /><br />cause we got a great big convoy rockin through the night<br />yeah we got a great big convoy aint she a beautiful sight<br />come on and join our convoy aint nothin gonna get in our way<br />we gonna blow this truckin convoy cross the USA<br />convoy <br /><br /><br />(uh you wanna give me a ten-nine on that pigpen? uh negatory you're still too close yeah them hogs is startin to close up my sinuses mercy sakes better back off another ten) <br /><br />well we rolled up interstate 44 like a rocket sled on rails<br />we tore up all of our swindle sheets left em settin on the scales<br />by the time we hit that chi-town them bears was a-gettin smart<br />they'd brought up some reinforcements from the illinois national guard<br />there's armored cars and tanks and jeeps and rigs of every size<br />yeah them chicken coops was fulla bears and choppers filled the skies<br />well we shot the line we went for broke with a thousand screamin trucks<br />and eleven longhaired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus <br /><br /><br />(yeah rubber duck this here's sodbuster come over yeah ten-four listen you wanna put that microbus in behind that suicide jockey? yeah he's haulin dynamite he needs all the help he can get) <br /><br />well we laid a strip for the jersey shore prepared to cross the line<br />i could see the bridge was lined with bears but i didnt have a doggoned dime<br />i says pigpen this here's the rubber duck we just aint a-gonna pay no toll<br />so we crashed the gate doin 98 i says let them truckers roll ten-four <br /><br />cause we got a mighty convoy rockin through the night<br />yeah we got a mighty convoy aint she a beautiful sight<br />come on and join our convoy aint nothin gonna get in our way<br />we gonna blow this truckin convoy cross the USA<br />convoy <br /><br /><br />(uh pigpen what's your twenty? omaha? well they oughta know what to do with them hogs out there for sure well mercy sakes good buddy we gonna back on outta here so keep the bugs off the glass and the bears off your tail well catch you on the flipflop this here's the rubber duck on the side we gone byebye...)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: CONVOY!!!

Whats a swindle sheet?<br /><br />Where is shaky town?<br /><br />Ken

KennyKenCan

Commander

Swindle Sheet - The false road log truckers used to keep, to show that they weren't driving past the maximum 8 hours a day, when they was actually driving anywhere between 18 and 30 hours at a clip.<br /><br />Shakey Town - New Orleans, about 1 mile west, along I-10, on the way to Flagstaff, AZ.<br /><br />At least thats what it says in the lyrics!

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> OMG.....anothr Earworm!<br /> :D
This POS put many a young man to kness begging for its discontinued use. I think this was how talk radio gained more listeners. 10-4 Good Buddy, Can you believe that? What lyrics, what a beat. Couldn't fit the bloody thing in the toilet it was AWFUL..Bring back Tiny Tim, bring back "FEELINGS" at least they provided a source of jokes. YUCK.... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br /> Is shaky town Los Angeles? Earthquakes?<br /><br />Ken
No Ken, LA is Freakie Town. Didn't you study your history?? :p

KennyKenCan

Commander

NYMINUTE,<br /><br />I agree that this is quite possibly one of the worst songs ever written, but to say you'd rather listen to Tiny Tim, well dude, you need help! :D

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

Shaky town is Los Angeles...<br /><br />From Jackson Browne's song "Shaky Town"
Jackson Browne - Shaky Town Lyrics<br /><br />I've witnessed those one night stands<br />Must have played in a thousand bands<br />But I�m just here tonight, tomorrow I'll be gone<br />Seen folks show their blacker sides<br />Seen them die just for foolish pride<br />And those drivers always ask to hear that same old song<br /><br />That's a big ten-four<br />From your back door<br />Just put that hammer down<br />This young man feels<br />Those eighteen wheels<br />That keep turning �round to take me down to shaky town<br /><br />I've heard all those hard luck tales<br />From all of you u.s. males<br />I've heard you tell those lies about the love you�ve know<br />And I've followed those highway signs<br />And I've run down those thin white lines<br />Like those drivers this old road is all I call my own<br /><br />That's a big ten-four<br />From your back door<br />Just put that hammer down<br />This young man feels<br />Those eighteen wheels<br />That keep turning round to take me down to shaky town<br /><br />
Mr. Browne wrote a lot of the early Eagles hits...

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

""Swindle Sheet - The false road log truckers used to keep, to show tha......""<br /><br />"used to" ??<br /><br />yeah right.<br />Can provide evidence to prove that statement false. <br /><br />Doesn't much matter though.<br />I ran otr for almost 2 years, and NEVER had anyone look at my logbooks. Not even once.

KennyKenCan

Commander

Boy roscoe, you really know how to take the fun out of a post! I was just poking some fun at the question, and if you want to rip me apart for trying to have a little fun with it, then go right ahead, but don't let me hear you whining and crying, when someone does the same to you!<br /><br />But I do know for a fact, that a "swindle sheet", as refered to in the song, was the false road log truckers use to keep during the 50's, 60's and 70's, as my Uncle was an otr driver for 40 years, and thats what he always refered to it as!. Maybe thats not what they called it where you live, but thats what I've heard alot of truckers refer to it as!<br /><br />Swindle Sheet is also another term for an "Expense Report"!

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Kenny,<br />I don't think he was ripping anybody on that statement.<br /><br />I think he merely meant to say that he can provide evidence to prove that "used to" is false. In other words, it isn't a past practice, it is a current practice.<br /><br />Although, I have a couple of uncles, and BIL's who drive truck and they have been putting GPS sending units in the trucks lately. They can tell exactly where everyone is, can notify them, can tell how fast they are going. All that good stuff. So, I don't think it will be very long until it is a thing of the past.<br /><br />AK Chappy

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

[VERSE 1] <br /><br />Just two good ole boys, <br /><br />Never meaning no harm. <br /><br />Beats all you never saw, been in trouble with the law <br /><br />Since the day they was born. <br /><br />[VERSE 2] <br /><br />Straightenin' the curves, <br /><br />Flattenin' the hills. <br /><br />Someday the mountain might get 'em but the law never will. <br /><br />[BRIDGE] <br /><br />Makin' their wayyyyyy, the only way they know how. <br /><br />Well, that's just a little bit more than the law will allow. <br /><br />[VERSE 3] <br /><br />Just two good ole boys, <br /><br />Wouldn't change if they could. <br /> <br />Fightin' the system like two modern day Robin Hoods. [Yee-haw]

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Being a CBer back then, I can tell you, they really talked like that, until that silly song came out.CB radio was a fad that only lost steam with the increased usage of cell phones.<br />The song's popularity also owed a great deal to the fact that there was a fuel embargo, and a federaly imposed 55MPH speed limit country-wide (double-nickles).

KennyKenCan

Commander

Well AK, <br /><br />If thats the case, I apologize, but thats not the way it sounded to me, when I read it.<br /><br />Could have just been my interpitation was wrong.<br /><br />Don't want a cat fight here...

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

I always thought "Funky Town" was Detroit....it was where the Mo-Town sound came from....