Conversion b230 volvo to marinize aq131 a 86 bayliner help info

Switch707

Cadet
Hey guys,

Really need some help on this project.I fist had this boat with a friend well was a friend who ended up saleing the block and head lucky i had got all the parts off the old engine well most i think like the carb intake ect.So when i got the boat back from him i had bought a b230 engine witch he pulled from a car and had told me that it would work.The old engine witch i found out he sold had a blown head gasket and some other things broke.I had planed to fix old engine but he had convinced me into engine change.So ya im a sucker and well thought i could trust him.So now i am stuck with doing this myself.So can i use this engine he had allready boldted most onto the engine meaning the carb ect.i have did some study and think i do have most of the parts i got a alter. and a few other parts i had to order.So can i run this engine.Can i run it with the car b240 cam without changing it.What will hapen if i do not and just use it for a while?Is there anything anyone can tell me what i should and should not do.Any help info guide will shure help me alot.i Do have full manual on about all the volvo marine engines to help me but your help and info is sure needed thanks and hope to get some help...