control button stuck in neutral

chardaw

Recruit
I have a glastron sx175 with the 3.0 volvo penta. I figured out that my control box is a teleflex sl-3 side mount. Im having problems with the button on the control box (ie the neutral button) getting stuck in and not popping back out. This puts me in neutral and unable to get into gear. This has happened a couple time on the water and I was able to eventually get the button to pop back out by working the control arm back and forth and banging on it a little. I have learned that this seems to be a common problem. I called teleflex and spoke to a technician. I was told to spray the pin that pushes in with a "waterproof marine grease" and NOT to use WD40 or similar. I took off the plastic cover, removed the bold which secures the arm and lubed it up. Time will tell if this does the trick. However, I have read that others have had this same problem and found that the spring behing the pin was not making correct contact and they were able to get at this spring and adjust it so it would work properly. I would like to check this spring also but im not sure how to get at it. Does anyone have this same problem?? does anyone know how to get at this spring. I have never gotten further than removing the bolt which secures the control arm. Thanks. I attached a picture of the control box i have also for reference

tel309473.jpg