Constant beeping noise 03 Stingray 4.3l carb

sirdave4

Recruit
HELP.....

03 Stingray 4.3l w/carb. After driving for a few hours on the water a loud percing noise starting coming out the dash well the boat was running. Normally, the noise will start when you place the key in the ignition but will quite as soon as the motor is started. Checked all the gauges and everything checked out (oil pressure, temp, etc. The only thing that doesn't work (because i forgot to hook it up) is the speedometer.

Please help me understand what the beeping noise is used to indicate and some of the reasons why it would go off.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Dave N

dlshelton

Recruit
Re: Constant beeping noise 03 Stingray 4.3l carb

The boat is suppose to set off the alarms when you are initially starting. After that there are several sources for that irritating noise. The main concern would be an engine malfunction or fluid level not up to snuff. The one that got me though was the miss setting of the depth gauge. It will set off the alarm on, naturally, shallow water, and strangely enough, for water that is too deep. Took me awhile to figure that one out. I was out cruising around on one of my favorite lakes and out in the middle, AN ALARM. Of course I shut down and started checking everything I could imagine. After not find anything I decided to limp back to the dock. And you guessed it, I hadn't moved far and the alarm stopped. That's when I had to get out the stupid glasses and look at the gauges a little closer. The deep water alarm was set to 100'. After consulting the book I learned that setting it to 0' would disable the alarm. No problems since. If you don't have a depth gauge then this obviously is not your problem and you will need to find which sensor is reporting the error, whether accurately or just because it wants to be a pain int the a**. Hope I helped.

DL