Conservatives, take heart...

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
...only 4 days after the Democratic Convention, the Gallup/CNN poll shows the Dems got no bounce from their fantastic, plastic banana convention. In fact, the poll shows that they have actually lost a point, among those likely to vote. All of their attempts to disguise their true platform appears to have been for naught.<br /><br /><br />
29.gif
<br /><br /><br />http://usatoday.printthis.clickability.com/pt/cpt?action=cpt&title=USATODAY.com+-+Poll%3A+No+boost+for+Kerry+after+convention&expire=&urlID=11186062&fb=Y&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usato day.com%2Fnews%2Fpoliticselections%2Fnation%2Fpresident%2F2004-08-01-poll-kerry_x.htm&partnerID=1660

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: Conservatives, take heart...

Bush is going to win this election by a land slide!! :p :p :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br /> Bush is going to win this election by a land slide!! :p :p :D
Well LubeDude, I like your optimism but I wouldn't go quite that far. Let's say Bush will win by a comfortable margin. Will ya settle for that? :cool:

achris

More fish than mountain goat

I'm not keen on either side winning by a large amount. If the margin is small it tends to keep them (a little bit) more 'honest'. We had a government get elected in 1976 by the biggest majority in histroy and they just abused it. I like to see them sweat a little.<br /><br />Chris.........

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I reckon Kerry made a big mistake in drawing attention to his Vietnam past...a very confusing message :confused: On one hand he positions himself as war hero and on the other hand an anti-war protestor...or "Hanoi John" as these guys call him...<br /><br /> http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnkerry.com/

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

If GWB wins, it will only be because EVERY voter who supports him gets out and VOTES.<br /><br />No matter how enthusiastic you are about the Republican program, if you don't vote it is a vote for the Democrats.<br /><br />When was the last time more than 60% of eligible voters actually voted in this country?<br /><br />No "yabuts", conservatives. VOTE.

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

Isn't it amazing, in many countries people would die for the right to vote as they wish, and some actually do, meanwhile in the USA, the epitome of personal freedom, too many people find wimpy weak excuses for why they didn't put forth the minimal effort to vote, and of course many of them are the biggest complainers about the new administration. Seems to me Australia has or had a law that mandates voting or pay a fine, any Aussies out there who can verify this?

CoachHolland

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by SlowlySinking:<br /> Isn't it amazing, in many countries people would die for the right to vote as they wish, and some actually do, meanwhile in the USA, the epitome of personal freedom, too many people find wimpy weak excuses for why they didn't put forth the minimal effort to vote, and of course many of them are the biggest complainers about the new administration. Seems to me Australia has or had a law that mandates voting or pay a fine, any Aussies out there who can verify this?
Afghanistan recently sent out a report of registrations to vote. Nine out of 10 Afghans have registered for the ID cards needed to vote in their upcoming elections.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Election day should be a mandatory 1/2 day off. All business must close at noon.<br /><br />On the other hand, do you really want those people voting... that dont have enough inspiration to go vote.<br /><br />Also, I am not counting out the election yet. That is dangerous talk for conservatives, we must all get out and vote.<br /><br />Ken<br /><br />Ken

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

The polls just show how solidly our country is divided, people have already made up their minds and no conventions/rallys/posts can change them now, that's what been reported all along. United States, divided people, probably not what our forefathers intended, sad. Now that we're doing our best to remove God, look at us now.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by knobby:<br /> The polls just show how solidly our country is divided, people have already made up their minds and no conventions/rallys/posts can change them now, that's what been reported all along. United States, divided people, probably not what our forefathers intended, sad. Now that we're doing our best to remove God, look at us now.
Kinda of makes you think BABYLON, doesn't it? The process really started back in the early 60's when this country disavowed any pretense to recognizing God's hand in this society, by outlawing prayer and the 10 comandments, in the classroom.<br /><br />Oh, and EXTRA DITTOS to JB's warning, re VOTING!

JB

Ask people a yes/no question and you will get a divided response, Knobby. That does not make a divided country. Our enemies (and the Dems, too) want our country to seem divided. My brothers and I fought a lot, but you just pick on one of them and you would find out how divided we were.<br /><br />Many people will change their minds between now and November. Both ways.<br /><br />Minds will not be changed by ranting and name calling. They will be changed by clear platforms, well explained. American voters are not nearly as stupid as the press and most politicians think.<br /><br />So far the Dem. platform is as clear as mud. When more people understand what they REALLY mean, and understand what the Rep. platform means, things will change. . . a LOT.<br /><br />But even then, what people think is irrelevant. How people VOTE is what matters.

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

JB, I thought Dems were your enemies, from the nice posts.

gaugeguy

Captain

I think the thing that scares me the most is a terrorist attack on the USA that would sway the vote as it did in Spain.

JB

The Dems are merely my adversaries, Knobby. :)

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

we (rep's.)have yet begun to fight...<br />hopefully the'll send Nader enuff $ to steal a<br />few votes from skerry :p

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

Webster's Dictionary<br />n. pl. ad·ver·sar·ies <br />An opponent; an enemy.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I took heart that the American people were smarter than to elect the democrat in '92. My heart was broken. I don't mind tellng you'all, I'm not letting-up this time.<br />Do not put anything past them. They are slippery,and have 90% of the media openly campaigning for them,while conservatives are handcuffed by "campaign finance reform".

JB

Touche, Knobby.<br /><br />The subtle difference I intended is that with an adversary you compete, with an enemy you fight.<br /><br />I do not consider the Dems enemies, merely sincere, misguided persons with whom I disagree on most issues. I actually agree with them on a couple, but not enough to sell out my conservatism.