Congressional Black Caucus (blatant troll)

QC

Supreme Mariner
I have been chuckling to myself about something that I feel the need to share.<br /><br />If Condoleezza Rice ends up running in 2008 against Hillary (or any other Democrat) won't the entire Congressional Black Caucus be in the position of campaigning against a Black presidential candidate? :eek: :D <br /><br />Won't they have to change their name to the Congressional We'll-Support-You-If-You-Are-The Right-Kind-of-Black Caucus? I just keep cracking myself up with this. Thoughts?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Congressional Black Caucus (blatant troll)

They will just claim that she isnt black. Facts arent important to these people.<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />Ken

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

she's not black...just dark skinned :D

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> Facts arent important to these people.
Boy, isn't that the truth . . . Geeez.

Twidget

Commander

She is what was called an 'oreo' during my time in the Navy. Black on the outside, white in the middle. <br /><br />Before I get jumped, I didnt origionate the title. I just heard it a lot. :)

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Won't be a problem for them. She's already viewed as an Uncle Tom anyway (or Aunt Thomasina).

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by BoatBuoy:<br /> Won't be a problem for them.
I tend to agree, but what will they say in public?

KaGee

Admiral

Hey I'll respond to any troll not authored by TXWINNER! :p :D <br /><br />SPINNER FOR PRESIDENT 2008

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Wouldn't the proper term be, "Caucasianally Challenged"? :D ....JK

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Seems to me that their very title identifies them as racist.<br /><br />Condi for President? Not a bad idea. A VERY smart lady. The problem is that so many libs will have major hypocrisy attacks thinking about voting against an African American woman.<br /><br />I tend to favor a John McCain/Condi Rice ticket. McCain is independent and moderate enough to create and attract a moderate majority and get us away from the bitter hatreds and divisive conflict of the past 6 years.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

I Can Not Support McCain......I Am Very Hung Up On How The person (note no caps and referring as person instead of Man) treated his Wife upon return from VN. Least my opinion is based upon what I have gleaned from media over the course of time.<br /><br />IMO, the person is mostly a self serving pol playing upon his POW and Veteran status. My 2 cents.<br /><br />Condi is Professional, and consistent Class Character. Imagine former Madeline Albright negotiating with the Arabs. Think she would have achieved the results Condolisa Rice did?? Doubtful imo....

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Seems to me that their very title identifies them as racist.<br />
Totally agree, although I do understand how an organization like this may have been needed at one time, it certainly isn't anymore.<br /><br />I read parts of their Priorities today and it states "increasing African-American political representation". With that as a stated priority, I still wonder how they could rationalize campaigning against Condi? She should be their biggest hero. :mad:

PW2

Commander

It's pretty simple, really.<br /><br />The CBC has a pretty well known set of values (like them or not) and they will ask does candidate A or candidate B most closely share those values, and they would vote accordingly.<br /><br />I can't undeerstand why any of you would think that voters of any stripe would ignore their percieved best interests and vote for anyone based solely on the color of their skin. The concept is ridiculous.<br /><br />Just this last Sunday, Condi was on Meet The Press saying yet again that Iraq was directly related to 9/11. That dog still won't hunt, and it amazes me that this administration continues to believe the voters are stupid in this country.<br /><br />I'm sure she is a smart person, but her expertise is primarily with Russia and the Russian colonies. As far as Secretary of State, representing us world wide, she is a large letdown from what we had with Colin Powell.<br /><br />I potentially *could* support McCain, however, depending on who the dems nominate. FTR, My demo choice is Joe Biden.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Quietcat:<br /> I have been chuckling to myself about something that I feel the need to share.<br /><br />If Condoleezza Rice ends up running in 2008 against Hillary (or any other Democrat) won't the entire Congressional Black Caucus be in the position of campaigning against a Black presidential candidate? :eek: :D <br /><br />Won't they have to change their name to the Congressional We'll-Support-You-If-You-Are-The Right-Kind-of-Black Caucus? I just keep cracking myself up with this. Thoughts?
You're a real spoiler you are QuietCat! :D Good job though. Winter is coming on fast and like Txwinner says "we need a little heat in this forum" :p <br /><br />Others are right though. The Black Caucus doesn't care what color a candidate is as long as they represent the 'keep them in bondage' crowd.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I will vote for who I think is best for my country. Unfortunately most people vote for who will put more of other peoples money in their pocket. Alan Keyes will be getting my vote if he runs.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by POINTER94:<br /> I will vote for who I think is best for my country. Unfortunately most people vote for who will put more of other peoples money in their pocket. Alan Keyes will be getting my vote if he runs.
Ah pointer, I used to be a big Keyes advocate but he went off the deep end, in the last election, when he started advocating reparation payments to the blacks.

ebbtide176

Commander

lol at pw2. obviously many people are still ignoring the facts of the links between iraq & alqada (hence 911), but most aren't that stupid. so you don't need to try to keep preaching it. a better euphemism would be - you're beating a dead horse - once again :) <br /><br />and if you want to talk stupid, consider the 'voting your color' in the oj trial. give it up man. its not as simple as you envision, or you'd get it yourself :D <br /><br />hava gooden

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

ebb maybe you can post a link to a study other than the 3 post 9/11 commitees that show no link between saddam and the 9/11 events. all the links I can find in any of the reports all lead directly to saudi arabia,jordan and egypt. Saddam was to scared of his power base to allow any terror groups inside his borders. the entire reason poppa Bush did not take saddam out in 91 was there was no plan to fill the power vacum it would leave. bubba did not worry there was no plan. the only reason I can see for this debacle so far is on 9/11 the US was caught asleep and given a bloody nose and Saddam was an easy target to rally against. a wrong target but easy. to many finanicial and political ties to saudi arabia, which is where we should have been.<br /> but Maybe EBB can enligten us with a link to a proven source of congressional hearings that show WMD's or terror cells inside Iraq before 2003.<br /> or maybe in light of the Plame game with Rove and his cronies the whole administration can call Lance Armstrong back to the white house for some advanced backpeddaling lessons.

PW2

Commander

Ebb wrote><br /><br />and if you want to talk stupid, consider the 'voting your color' in the oj trial. give it up man. its not as simple as you envision, or you'd get it yourself.<br /><br />-------------------------<br /><br />And all this time I thought your position was that we live in a colorless society, and that is why programs like affirmative action are not necessary.<br /><br />At some point in time, someday you conservatives may learn that it is not enough to blame all society's problems on someone else, and actually offer some workable solutions.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> I can't undeerstand why any of you would think that voters of any stripe would ignore their percieved best interests and vote for anyone based solely on the color of their skin. The concept is ridiculous.
Of course that concept is ridiculous, irrational AND racist, but that is exactly what the the CBC is. :confused: I will post again one of their stated priorities directly form their site "increasing African-American political representation" Why is THAT not similarly ridiculous?