FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
After I installed XP SP2 my connect speed dropped from around 2600 kbps down to around 1700. Has anyone else had this problem? Wonder if SP2 can be removed?
Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add Remove Programs. Select Windows XP SP2 - Remove. Mine hasn't slowed down. If you just installed it, you might want to wait a couple of days to see if anything changes.
I noticed similar slow downs on my comp. after the sp2 install. Hard drives slowed down as well.<br />Must be alot going on in the background with it. I would like to see some info on an uninstall as well.
I would recommend some research at the MS website. Some typical reasons for system sluggishness is your "temp" folders full of crap. Windows is notorious for not removing .tmp files and the like. For example, my kids 'puter temp folders contained 2.GB of unused file space. <br />For net related stuff, I routinely delete cookies in the "temp internet files" folder.<br /><br />The temp folders are used for installing new programs as well as other tasks. You having just installed the sp2, additional files may be in the temp and unneeded. <br /><br />When I delete temp files I let them sit in the garbage can for a day or two to have the ability to restore any that may be needed. Never have needed to yet, but.......<br /><br />Here is a link to a great Windows help board that is MS recognized. <br /><br /> web page