composite stringers/ polyester resin

93bronco

Ensign
has any one ever used the PRISMA composite preform system from West Marine? p.441 of 2002 catalog or<br />p.383 of 2003 catalog.<br />just curious how well it would be for the stringers & how would you attach the deck.<br />-<br />what about the West Marine Polyester Boaters Resin? it says the compression strength is 175% more than the older boatyard resin???????<br />i dont really know what that means. <br />- <br />thanx

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: composite stringers/ polyester resin

Don't know too much on the Prisma but it looks like a great alternative to wood...<br /><br />On the subject of polyester resin... Honestly, I would never buy any polyester resins from a retailer because it sits on the shelf of the stores for too long which is not good, and it's way over priced.... <br /><br />Your much better off buying your resins from places that specialize in fiberglass supplies as they tend to move more product so resins are usually fresher and a little less $$$ to boot..

93bronco

Ensign

the price at $20 a gl seemed reasonable. will have to sea if there is a date stamp.<br />still looking for a good place here in charleston,sc.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

2K Boat, if you don't mind waiting a few days to get resin may I suggest these people... They have everything and their only half a mile from me... (lucky me!) I go in there and I'm like a kid in a candy store... :D http://www.shopmaninc.com/