composit masts sparrs and rigging company requist

kelwendee

Seaman Apprentice
hello<br />I am doubeling up here as I already asked this question in the sailing forum. <br />A friend of mine is just finishing up his Trimarin<br />and is looking for quotes for companys that supply composit masts, sparrs, and the rigging that gose with it, sails, ropes, tie downs, rigging package ect. installed or just supplyed<br />I do not have the excate demensions at this time but will post them in the next few days. he is also looking for a marine electronics equipment package, possibled installed or supplyed.<br />any info would be greatly apperciated.<br />he is down to painting and the above. <br />thank you in advance<br />Ben<br />ps I wish this site had a spell check, sorry about my spelling.

18rabbit

Captain
Re: composit masts sparrs and rigging company requist

Ben – I would think the closest sources would be in Sacramento. Also look for an East Bay phone book yellow pages (Alameda, Berkeley, Emeryville, Oakland) at your local library. Other than that, maybe a day trip down to the bay area. A lot of rigging places here.<br /><br />The Oct issue of Latitude 38 just came out. It is a free monthly publication targeting sailboats. This month it’s 235 pages, mostly ads for sailboat stuff. Anything your boat needs is in there.<br /><br /> http://www.latitude38.com/ <br /><br />If you want a copy and they won’t send it to you for free, send me an email with a mailing address and I’ll toss one in the mail to you.<br /><br />For marine electronics I suggest education yourself (or your friend) enough to know what you (he) wants, then buy on-line. There can be a world of difference in local prices vs. internet retail prices, although Arnold would prefer you keep it in state. If your friend has done all this work on his boat he shouldn’t have any problems at all installing the electronics himself and it will save a ton of money, and he will know how to trouble shoot for maintenance. You can get lots of help here on there forums…including suggestions on the specific electronics members prefer and why.

kelwendee

Seaman Apprentice
Re: composit masts sparrs and rigging company requist

thank you very much,<br />I kinda jumped the gun asking not knowing all the specifics. I had planned on my buddy martin the actual boat builder to have stopped by with the particulars as Im doing this for him. But we seemed to miss each other.<br />thanks for the info, I checked out the site and would love to recive a complimentary issue if the offer still stands. but I couldent find a email address so here is my address if you dont mind sending it here. to;<br />B.Kler<br />PO BOx 214<br />Salyer Calif.<br />95563<br /><br />yea the electronic to some people might as well be magic. the grunt work was easy but the electronics gets a bit technical for us backwood folks. But never say never. my friend started this boat like 20 yrs ago maybe longer when he was a young enough man still. however these days I think He's more into just paying to have it done and done correct. he may change his mind if we can learn enough. but Im pretty sure he is going to put it out for a pro.<br />however the info on which brands and or units and why will be interesting.<br />thanks again. Ben