FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi all, as my present engine Mercruiser 3.7l 165hp -87 is knocking, I've plans on buying another one. I have found a 3.7l 190hp I guess from -89.
Are they compatible? regarding cooling motormounts and so on?
Pretty much the same? Of what I can find the difference are Carburetor and fuel pump.
Anyone who knows the answer to my question - are 165hp and 190hp compatible? meaning can I replace a 165hp with a 190hp engine?
Thanks for the reply, but the the engine I'm planning to buy are a complete engine with careburator and alternator and so on, but I guess that changes nothing?