Companionway Door

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHIEF915

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Anyone having problems with their companionway door? Mine is hard to slide, from taking it apart I have isolated the problem to the white looks like nylon strips the door slides on, on the aluminum tracks. I can not find any manufacturer marks on the door to use to get parts. I contacted Taylor and they said not their door. I am waiting on Doral now, I emailed them on 13 Dec.

Greg

CHIEF915

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Companionway Door

Bump

Any thoughts yet? I'm still waiting on a response from Doral, I chalked it up to the holidays and minimal staffing.

CHIEF915

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I found the answer and decided to post it to close this thread with usefull information. I contacted Sylvie Lacasse (slacasse@doralboat.com) and she gave me the manufacturer for Dorals Companionway Doors. Contact information for the sliding door is:

BOMON MARINE EQUIPMENT INC.
1855A INDUSTRIEL BOUL.
LAVAL, QUEBEC H7S 1P5
TEL: 800-300-3113

I just called Bomon an hour ago and he knew exactly what I needed and had the drawings, my new slides for the door will ship by the end of the week at a cost of $67 plus shipping.

This is awesome, now my door will slide open and shut with out having to put everything you got into sliding it.

CHIEF915

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Better yet, the gentlemen at Bomon called 3 hours after talking to him this morning, he custom cut my parts and shipped them.

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer

Wow! Now that's customer service! Glad you got your answer Greg, tho I'm kinda surprised no one here was able to help you out. My Cavalier has the bi-fold cabin door, but it opens/closes well. haha.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

That's great news. Took a while to get the info from Doral but you got there in the end and that's the main thing.
Happy door sliding !! :D

Boubou

Recruit
Hi!
i was looking for part to repair my sliding door on my 89 Prestancia...
just to say that the Bomon Marine solution is still good after 10 years !
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.