Comics

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Comics

Agreed. You know what I find funny about Robin. You cant tell his jokes to anyone and make them sound nearly as funny as he does. His expressions, the way he talks, the noises he makes and the way he acts make his jokes so unique and extremely funny for him and him only :)

Carphunter

Commander

I like Jeff Foxworthy, I think he's a riot.<br /><br />....and that Larry the Cable guy fella, man, them guys are funny.

ebbtide176

Commander

my list would be more like: <br />-Red Skelton<br />-Lucille Ball<br />-Jerry Lewis<br />-Don Knotts<br />-Tim Conway<br />-Carol Burnett<br />then<br />-Steve Martin<br />-Robin Williams<br />-Eddie Murphy<br />-Leslie Nielson<br />-Jerry Seinfield<br /> :D

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

My top three picks would be <br />#1. Red Skelton<br />#2. George Carlin<br />#3. Robin Williams

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Do any of you remember Brother Dave Gardner?<br /><br />Terribly incorrect politically, but he was a riot.<br /><br />"James Lewis!! Get away from that wheelbarrow!! You know you doesn't know nothin' 'bout machinery!"<br /><br />"Et tu, Brute?" "Naw man, I aint et nothin".

FSHKPR

Ensign

no gallahger? i would rate him above ellen degernes or what ever her name is.

marcmccain

Petty Officer 1st Class

JB,<br /><br /> Boy are we getting old.... do you remember from Brother Dave Garner's album (¿1959?) "and when he stopped the motorcycle, the big fishin' pole on the back went whoosh-whoosh-whoosh"

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

Steven Wright rules!<br /><br />"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."<br /><br />"Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now."<br /><br />"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory."<br /><br />"Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have."

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey Warhorse.<br /><br />One of my favorite brother Dave stories.<br /><br />My favorite line from it was, "Mr. ____ was killed outright, but miss ______ was okay 'til me a Junior turned her head around straight".<br /><br />For those who haven't heard this one, They were on a motorcycle and hit a truck head on. ("Teeth, hair and eyeballs all over the concrete.") Miss ____ was on the back and had a motorcycle jacket on backwards with the collar turned up to protect her face from the cold wind.<br /><br />I also loved the haunted house story. "You gonna be here when John gets here?"<br /><br />That's remarkable, you know? Haven't heard those stories in 40 years and I can almost recite them from memory. To me, that's a sign of genius (not me, Brother Dave). Jeff Foxworthy's persona is a lot like Brother Dave.

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The wife and I have visited tiny comedy shops in San Francisco. A couple of times Robin Williams has walked in unannounced and taken the stage. Both times he's made us laugh till we cry and it's all improvised. guageguy is right on. You can't tell his jokes and make them funny. Only he can. <br />I've also heard Richard Prior on albums in the 70s. He, too, was hilarious. <br />Heckeler: "Where is Toupolo Mississippi? <br />Prior: "Right next to Onepolo."<br /><br />Here's my order:<br />1: Robin Williams<br />2: Richard Prior<br />3: Red Skelton<br />4: Jeff Foxworthy<br />5: George Carlin<br /><br />I saw Steve Martin live in Las Vegas in the early 80s. He was a big dissappointmet.