cold start issue

Flipncrazy

Recruit
1995 omc 115 turbojet. I just replaced the fuel pump from vho style new plugs coils cdi fresh gas . It runs realy good when warm but cold start is realy a pain . Timing is my thoughts couse i have had to linc and sync it but im a little insecure about my abilitys on that . thank you

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Is this a looper or a crossflow? V6 or V4? Is this another Vr0 pump or a standard pump? If it is a standard was the pulse limiter removed?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
This is a crossflow V-4.-----As always post your compression numbers.-----These things are famous for broken rings !-----Timing does not go out of adjustment on these.-----But check flywheel key.-----Check operation of electric primer too.------And are you pushing key in and holding it in while cranking it over ?

Flipncrazy

Recruit
yes it was the timing adjusted a little to retarded . i brought it forward a bit and fired right up . thank you

Flipncrazy

Recruit
Is this a looper or a crossflow? V6 or V4? Is this another Vr0 pump or a standard pump? If it is a standard was the pulse limiter removed?
it is a cross flow and we removed the vro and replaced and the pump is fine and pulsing perfect . v 4 . boat is done and down the road thank you guys .

jembar

Cadet
I agree with raceone. I have a 1992 115 crossflow and the timing doesn't go out on these unless someone physically adjusted it out.