FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
My cowling pulled my upper right coil wire out of the coil. I jammed it back in and the motor runs fine . My question is would I be ok to hot glue it back into place or buy a new one? And if one coil is out will it kill both on that side?
Inside the coil is a pointed prong that has a sort of thread to it... more of a sprial pointed prong really. The wire simply screws down on that prong. A little WD40 helps the procedure.
In agreement with Boobie... one bad coil will not affect any other coil.
Well I ended up jamming some aluminum foil in the hole to get a little more surface for better connection. I super glued it in and it seems to be working till I get some new ones.