Coffee maker parts

alldodge

Staff member
The new maker makes better coffee, my guess is it's hotter, older just wasn't that hot

But, the new pot says to uses 15 scoops to make 12 cups, dang, who the hell uses that much to make 12 cups.

Either way it does fine

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
They say things happen in 3's, but it's been 4 so far
I think I joined the ride.....

the $2 shaft seal on the bottom of the 5 year old whirlpool dishwasher that rides on the plastic shaft that turns the cheesy disc to pulse water top and bottom decided to leak. because the admiral has a rug in the kitchen, we didnt notice it until the floor was discolored 3 feet from the dish washer Saturday AM...... and whirlpool doesnt list the seal separately. its part of the "diverter motor assembly" so get amazon seal coming based on dimensions and a description for this past sunday. amazon seal is tight on shaft, however the OD is about .25mm too small...... permatex #3 to the rescue. $10 fix, spend $10 in bleach trying to dry out the cabinet to kill any rot bacteria...... will need to refinish the floor....

french door refrigerator seal magnet is loosing its magnetic charm on the 7 year old reefer ...... now when you close one side, there is enough air pressure to push the other side open. 2 plastic door bins cracked last week when I attempted to close the door spiritly.....

pulling bamboo stumps with the truck, now have a bunch of dents in the roof where the chain slipped off a stump and landed on the roof of the cab. breaking the 3rd breaklight and caving in the roof. managed to push out the big one, however looks like someone took a pick hammer to the roof. at least the window didnt get hit..... getting quote from neighbor on repainting the roof. Ebay 3rd brake light because GM wanted another $150 more

trans started slipping on the truck this weekend.....again.....

wife just dropped bright red nail polish on the bathroom floor..... the little bottle bounced a half dozen times spinning thru the air and spewing nail polish...... looks like Jackson Pollock visited. 2 rugs are toast, her favorite skirt, 2 of the baskets she keeps linens in, spent about 2 hours with acetone cleaning nail polish this evening..

alldodge

Staff member
I think I joined the ride.....

the $2 shaft seal on the bottom of the 5 year old whirlpool dishwasher that rides on the plastic shaft that turns the cheesy disc to pulse water top and bottom decided to leak. because the admiral has a rug in the kitchen, we didnt notice it until the floor was discolored 3 feet from the dish washer Saturday AM...... and whirlpool doesnt list the seal separately. its part of the "diverter motor assembly" so get amazon seal coming based on dimensions and a description for this past sunday. amazon seal is tight on shaft, however the OD is about .25mm too small...... permatex #3 to the rescue. $10 fix, spend $10 in bleach trying to dry out the cabinet to kill any rot bacteria...... will need to refinish the floor....

french door refrigerator seal magnet is loosing its magnetic charm on the 7 year old reefer ...... now when you close one side, there is enough air pressure to push the other side open. 2 plastic door bins cracked last week when I attempted to close the door spiritly.....

pulling bamboo stumps with the truck, now have a bunch of dents in the roof where the chain slipped off a stump and landed on the roof of the cab. breaking the 3rd breaklight and caving in the roof. managed to push out the big one, however looks like someone took a pick hammer to the roof. at least the window didnt get hit..... getting quote from neighbor on repainting the roof. Ebay 3rd brake light because GM wanted another $150 more

trans started slipping on the truck this weekend.....again.....

wife just dropped bright red nail polish on the bathroom floor..... the little bottle bounced a half dozen times spinning thru the air and spewing nail polish...... looks like Jackson Pollock visited. 2 rugs are toast, her favorite skirt, 2 of the baskets she keeps linens in, spent about 2 hours with acetone cleaning nail polish this evening..
And I thought I had a bad day

harringtondav

Commander
The new maker makes better coffee, my guess is it's hotter, older just wasn't that hot

But, the new pot says to uses 15 scoops to make 12 cups, dang, who the hell uses that much to make 12 cups.

Either way it does fine
Wow, seems you like your coffee strong, like espresso. I don't know the size scoop you use, mine is about a tablespoon. If I used one per cup I'd have cardiac arrest before I finished three cups.

alldodge

Staff member
Wow, seems you like your coffee strong, like espresso. I don't know the size scoop you use, mine is about a tablespoon. If I used one per cup I'd have cardiac arrest before I finished three cups.
The maker listing said to use that much, I use 3 of the standard coffee scoop