CMC PT-130 intallation question

I have a 72 1150 tower of power. Love the motor, but hate the trim tilt. I have had two pumps go bad. I am going to get a PT-130 and need to know if I need the transom clamp adapter to mount this motor. It seems that it should bolt right up as the transom mount on the motor has bolts now. It also has transom clamps. also can anyone familiar with the installation of the unit tell me about it's ease of installation? I'm pretty handy and have all the tools.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: CMC PT-130 intallation question

welcome to iboats, i had a 1350. back in those days the bolt patterns were not uniform between manufacturers. you may have to patch some holes, and drill others. i think this should really be directed to the CMC customer service people. this is a technical question.

welcome to iboats, there seems to be a lot of satisfied people with the CMC units. they been around a long time.

OldMercsRule

Captain
Re: CMC PT-130 intallation question

gruntpltleader said:
I have a 72 1150 tower of power. Love the motor, but hate the trim tilt. I have had two pumps go bad. I am going to get a PT-130 and need to know if I need the transom clamp adapter to mount this motor. It seems that it should bolt right up as the transom mount on the motor has bolts now. It also has transom clamps. also can anyone familiar with the installation of the unit tell me about it's ease of installation? I'm pretty handy and have all the tools.

Hey Guy! Welcome to iboats! What ya doin' with the old stuff you're are takin' off the motor? I maybe interested depending on terms n' all! JR