Clip for wiring harness

2BALL

Cadet
I want to put a clip on my trailer near the coupler that will hold the wiring harness end, so it does not fall to the ground.

I thought about just tying it in a knot around the frame or using a bungie cord and tucking it under the cord.

Is there a better solution, do they make some sort of clip I can attach to the frame and clip in the harness end?

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Are you looking for something to hold the connector off the ground when not plugged into the tow vehicle? If so, do a Google search for

HUSKY TOWING 81497 UNIV Connector Storage KIT.​

Lots of places sell them.

2BALL

Cadet
just realized when I redid my trailer lights, the kit came with the end of the wiring harness that goes on the vehicle. I can just zip tie that to the trailer and plug into that.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Are you looking for something to hold the connector off the ground when not plugged into the tow vehicle? If so, do a Google search for

HUSKY TOWING 81497 UNIV Connector Storage KIT.​

Lots of places sell them.
I use that same thing. Every one of my trailers gets converted to a 7 pin connector. The 4 pin connectors suck.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I simply shove the end of the wire into the winch

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
I never leave wires dangling. The cord between the plug and the entry point to the trailer tongue is only 2 inches long. The "extension cord" that connects the car to the trailer is stored in the trunk along with the trailer hitch ball mount, that is only used when towing the trailer.