Church Bake Sale (joke)

sangerwaker

Commander
Alice was to bake a cake for the church ladies' group bake sale, but she <br /><br />forgot to do it until the last minute. She baked an angel food cake and <br /><br />when she took it from the oven, the center had dropped flat. <br /><br />She said, "Oh dear, there's no time to bake another cake." So, she looked around <br /><br />the house for something to build up the center of the cake. <br /><br />Alice found it in the bathroom .. a roll of toilet paper. <br /><br />She plunked it in and covered it with icing.The finished product <br /><br />looked beautiful, so she rushed it to the church. <br /><br />Alice then gave her daughter some money and instructions to be at the <br /><br />sale the minute it opened and to buy that cake and bring it home. <br /><br />When the daughter arrived at the sale ... the attractive cake had already <br /><br />been sold. <br /><br />Alice was beside herself. <br /><br />A couple of days later, Alice was invited to a friend's home where two <br /><br />tables of bridge were to be played that afternoon. After the game a fancy <br /><br />lunch was served, and to top it off, the cake in question was presented <br /><br />for dessert. <br /><br />Alice saw the cake, she started to get out of her chair to rush into <br /><br />the kitchen to tell her hostess all about it, but before she could get <br /><br />to her feet, one of the other ladies said, "What a beautiful cake!" <br /><br />Alice sat back in her chair when she heard the hostess (a prominent <br /><br />church member) say . <br /><br />"Thank you; I baked it myself."

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Church Bake Sale (joke)

Hey, I always like to say "Give credit where credit is due." :D

KaGee

Admiral

Anyone else notice that the cake is a little dry?

Straightup

Petty Officer 1st Class

Handy if you want some cake and gotta' go.